• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taxes need to rise to cover NHS £20bn boost, warns IMF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article from Money Age

The 'Brexit Dividend' not going to cover it like ?

How much is it short by ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
      FFS, when will it ever occur to a government to try cutting some waste instead of chucking ever more taxpayers' money into this voracious swirling NHS black hole?!

OH in "For once, I agree with SasGuru" mode
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        The 'Brexit Dividend' not going to cover it like ?

How much is it short by ?
        £814mil according to this report:

https://improvement.nhs.uk/resources...rter-1-201819/

Comment

Fooking Tories

Comment

Have to say, I'm a big fan of the NHS and think we are extremely lucky to have such an institution.

Whenever I've had friends or family in hospital, the staff have been nothing short of excellent and I've always been safe in the knowledge they are in the best hands. My feeling is though that it does need to be run more efficiently. I recently had to go to a large London eye hospital and the poor guy in the pharmacy was trying to do 3 peoples job at the same time.

Personally, if i have to pay a little extra tax in the same way that we have to through our council tax with social care, I won't be offended.

Comment

It's so good people from half way around the world are clamouring to come here and use it
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have to say, I'm a big fan of the NHS and think we are extremely lucky to have such an institution.

Whenever I've had friends or family in hospital, the staff have been nothing short of excellent and I've always been safe in the knowledge they are in the best hands. My feeling is though that it does need to be run more efficiently. I recently had to go to a large London eye hospital and the poor guy in the pharmacy was trying to do 3 peoples job at the same time.

Personally, if i have to pay a little extra tax in the same way that we have to through our council tax with social care, I won't be offended.
                I agree with this.

Though, I think care in hospitals is quite patchy, never quite sure why one ward is a shambles yet few corridors down its great.

Would love to see more money spent on looking after old people. Having spent time finding a home for a relative, the difference between homes is amazing, some down right awful places. We have found a really good place but would love to see more money invested into this because you know that old people without families will automatically be pushed into the awful places.

So yep I would be happy for a significant increase in tax if it led to significant improvements.

Comment

Mods please move to the Brexit forum.
                  There is clearly no "Brexit Dividend" for the NHS if taxes are to rise.

Doh! No shit Sherlock.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

The IMF are slagging the UK economy all of a sudden. Who do we think has "had a word with them"? Spreadsheet Phil must be the favourite, given how much he was fawning over that French bird yesterday.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X