• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You pay nothing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Lies, dammed lies and statistics

Sent from my 5045X using Tapatalk
    WHich of these facts do you dispute?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's not the facts, it's their interpretation (having qualifications in statical analysis helps)

Comment

It's not the facts, it's their interpretation (having qualifications in statical analysis helps)

So how do you interpret the ageing, obese, poorly educated population then?

It's not just the left saying what I'm saying, it's the right too:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/12/...-productivity/
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not me buffoon, I the author of the pieces. I gave up on mainstream news when I was a paperboy.

Comment

Not me buffoon, I the author of the pieces. I gave up on mainstream news when I was a paperboy.
            So which news do you look at?
            Have you been checked for dementia? I'm serious.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

And now you expect me to take you seriously?

Comment

You pay nothing

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Sure, most migrants from the EU and elsewhere will be decent people but one thing that the liberal left constantly fail to grasp is that we should have no obligation to take in any but the well above-average performers who will take our economy in an upward direction. Basic maths - you do not raise an average by adding more of average quality.
                We don’t have any such obligation. We could, if we wanted, restrict migration to only those that have jobs, can support themselves without benefits, and have personal health insurance. It’s the UK’s choice not to do this.

You do raise a good question about the “type” of migrant the U.K. wants/needs though, by implying that it should only be “well above-average performers”. How do you determine this? Does it exclude nurses, teachers, brickies, plumbers, etc? (Relatively low paid jobs that are nevertheless essential but still require training?) The UK should be funding our own essential skills but isn’t - instead, we’ve allowed other countries to pay for their training while we reap the benefits, yet that still isn’t good enough for some who don’t see them as “well above-average performers”.

PS In the interests of balance, here is a thread from a more righty paper, The Sun. Make your (biased) choice:
                https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/577679...uts-in-a-year/
                Nearly half the personal taxes paid by migrants from countries such as Romania, Bulgaria and Poland went straight back in tax credits and child benefit.

DWP figures were not broken down by country
                Hardly a ringing endorsement for accuracy, sounds like they made it up. Oh, it’s the Sun.

Comment

And now you expect me to take you seriously?
                  I don't particularly care how you take me - I have you down as one of the cretins I'm talking about.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    We can discuss this till the cows come home.
                    Isn't that what you've been doing for the last couple of years anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                      Isn't that what you've been doing for the last couple of years anyway?
                      You're probably right - I live in hope of intelligent ripostes. But none come. Thus proving my point I guess.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X