• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Violated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violated

Well been at the new client for six weeks, things are going well and everyone is nice enough and work interesting etc.

The delivery manager takes me into an office to ask me if I'm happy and would like to renew (initial was three months) but then asks if I would consider going permanent.

It felt like I was on a first date and he put his hand up my jumper and whispered into my ear "are you up for it"? Bloody hell, I only just got here!

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Well been at the new client for six weeks, things are going well and everyone is nice enough and work interesting etc.

The delivery manager takes me into an office to ask me if I'm happy and would like to renew (initial was three months) but then asks if I would consider going permanent.

It felt like I was on a first date and he put his hand up my jumper and whispered into my ear "are you up for it"? Bloody hell, I only just got here!
    he probably is a believer in the Kevin B Wilson school of dating. Most definitely NSFW!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I laughed involuntary the first time that questioned came from my client some years ago. Was a little embarrassed.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What sort of first dates do you go on....and can I come

Comment

Just say it’s not you, it’s me, can’t we just have an ir35 friendly relationship.

Comment

You've just lost the contracting equivalent of the game in that now they've asked you are now a disguised permie and caught under IR35.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I laughed involuntary the first time that questioned came from my client some years ago. Was a little embarrassed.
              Yes, but when your client asked you to just GO!!!..................Permanently!!.....they had something else in mind than a long-term position with the Company.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                You've just lost the contracting equivalent of the game in that now they've asked you are now a disguised permie and caught inside IR35.
                Beat me to it but FTFY
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've been contracting for 25 years now and I have been asked this a few times by clients, going on past experience that means the company is on a path towards either being bought by a competitor or going bust.

Nobody was so quick off the mark.

Comment

I've been contracting for 25 years now and I have been asked this a few times by clients, going on past experience that means the company is on a path towards either being bought by a competitor or going bust.

Nobody was so quick off the mark.
                    For others of us who have been asked this, it simply meant that we were good at what we did.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X