• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

**** recruiter - BEWARE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** recruiter - BEWARE

A few people on here have been ripped off by **** formerly of RMI. He is now back working at a company called Hortor in Leeds. I believe there could be an avenue to reclaim some of the money he owes individuals. He is now working in a director capacity at Hortor, when he is actually banned as an unfit director until 2021. The Insolvency Service who banned him can bring these debts back to life if they find he is acting as a director whilst banned.

I am also told he is currently serving out a 6 year suspended sentence for a fraud conviction in the United States! Amazing that he can get back into the recruitment/ contractor industry with that kind of record.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 17 November 2023, 22:17.

Why don't you contact Hortor and ask whether it is the same person?

https://www.hortor.co.uk/team/

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...U/appointments
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/d...kVJoq_-d_l2OJA
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

It's definitely him. Check out his Linkedin profile. I can only assume Hortor know and are ok with it as he appears to be running that business.

Comment

Is he just working in the job capacity of a Director i.e. job title rather than actually being a named director of the company on CH? Obviously he's not mention as a Hortor director on there?

So he has no official responsibility of the company, just a job?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You don't have to a be a statutory director to fall foul of the disqualified director rules. A disqualified director cannot have any significant say in the running of any business. His linkedin profile states he has full responsibility for the P&L and strategic influence.

Comment

Originally posted by James Trescothick View Post
            Amazing that he can get back into the recruitment/ contractor industry with that kind of record.
            Absolutely! After all, the recruitment/contractor industry is such a bastion of professionalism and righteous morality.

Comment

Originally posted by James Trescothick View Post
              You don't have to a be a statutory director to fall foul of the disqualified director rules. A disqualified director cannot have any significant say in the running of any business. His linkedin profile states he has full responsibility for the P&L and strategic influence.
              Well then can I suggest you look here.

https://www.gov.uk/report-a-disqualified-director

It does suggest someone can be prosecuted if they breach some restrictions.

if you get no sensible reply then I suggest a chat with a reporter.

Importantly whilst you may not like this chap the rules of Libel still apply and I doubt CUK want to explain why you used their forum to post something that might be construed as such. So please be careful as otherwise many of us will end up homeless in an online sense!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                So please be careful as otherwise many of us will end up homeless in an online sense!
                Well there is always mumsnet
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X