• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best EU country to relocate to

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    One of the 3 points in order for the withdrawal agreement to be ratified is the rights of UK citizens in the EU and of EU citizens in the UK. So far nothing has been decided so until it has, you can't really do what you say you want to do. It's all on the EU website...
    Even if it's not decided I sure as hell can go speculatively to rent a place for a year and move in there in February 2019, so when UK Brexits I will have been resident in EU at the same time, worst case I won't get any rights and then will have to go back to UK, but I reckon one of the few things that will be for certain is mutually agreed rights of citizens who were present in each state. What's the to lose - 12 months rent, which is cheap in Europe anyway.

Comment

This would make it Italy for me.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...uding-britons/
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        That demands some form of stable government. This weeks tax breaks are very likely to become next weeks tax hikes, because Italian governments change so often they make Chelsea managers look like lifers.
        Italy is just about my favourite place to go on holiday, but I wouldn't want to live there, because you'd have to be mad to live there. Which explains why all Italians appear to be mad. Put them in cars and it all gets a thousand times more mad.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          worst case I won't get any rights and then will have to go back to UK
          Worst case for us too!!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

worst case I won't get any rights and then will have to go back to Mother Russia

FTFY (and us )
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nah, fckit, I am staying put

Comment

Quitter

manly
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Not EU, but Switzerland ticks all the boxes.

1. Quality of live life
                  2. Taxes (salary/dividends), especially when working for a foreign company remotely
                  3. Reasonably open minded when it comes to English language
                  4. Sensible election system that will prevent fooking right wing nutters from ever gaining power.
                  5. Firearms ownership

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  You forgot 6: Not fussed who they let in...
                  Ah yes. Oh well, forget Switzerland. They're very fussy.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What you should have done in the Colombian Hostages thread..................as history showed us.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Portugal

How to pay zero income tax with non habitual residence in Portugal | Nomad Capitalist
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X