• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best EU country to relocate to

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Even if it's not decided I sure as hell can go speculatively to rent a place for a year and move in there in February 2019, so when UK Brexits I will have been resident in EU at the same time, worst case I won't get any rights and then will have to go back to UK, but I reckon one of the few things that will be for certain is mutually agreed rights of citizens who were present in each state. What's the to lose - 12 months rent, which is cheap in Europe anyway.

It seems EU residency is your prime goal. I suggest Bulgaria with a location near Sofia for ease of access. The population is well educated hence why high-tech companies relocate there. I keep bumping into ex-pat Brits who have bought a place there and work from home coding etc.

Don’t rent; you can buy freehold, a reasonable property (commercial and residential) starting at 20,000e. (Transaction will take a few days but can be done with a power of attorney) . You can’t lose out even if you change you mind.

Council tax/ rates from 30e to 200e Property purchase transaction fees and taxes about 500e

Ltd company start up for EU citizens was (as still should be) (one) 1e. Companies are online like the UK.
    Income tax/ltd company tax is flat rate 10%

You can get the above sorted out within a couple of weeks presuming you have the money to buy a property.

Once you have bought a property, a residency permit will take about a week. There in no need to stay in the country, you can pop in and out when ever. Brits are extremely welcome. English is widely spoken especially by the young. There are is also quite a few Russians.

NB: Location and district is most important. If you want advice, PM me.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Thanks Paddy, I will think about it

Probably will decide to stay put, worst case scenario I can handle anyway

Comment

worst case scenario I can handle anyway
        Sas returns from Portugal?

Comment

Here's a handy map of the best places in Europe.

Have fun now!

Comment

Do you have evidence to support it?

he's a remoaner what do you think?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              he's a remoaner what do you think?
              Which means I gave him the facts
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Germany would not work for him. Too many skills required for the workplace. But the rewards... beer, sunshine, and skiing. Wer weiß, warum die Gänse barfuß gehen.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Sas returns from Narnia?
                  FTFY
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    FTFY
                    He tried to get to Narnia, but he couldn't fit his ego through the wardrobe door.

Comment

Have you seen these nutjobs trying to visit every country in the world?

Gets a bit interesting when they try and cross off Somalia. And no, Somaliland don't count :rofl

Comment

Working...
                      X