Ipse win holiday pay over HMRC Ipse win holiday pay over HMRC
Posts 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Super poster

    GhostofTarbera - scorchio!

    GhostofTarbera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,474

    Default Ipse win holiday pay over HMRC


  2. #2

    More time posting than coding

    Anonimouse has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    312

  3. #3

    Super poster

    GhostofTarbera - scorchio!

    GhostofTarbera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonimouse View Post
    This is for general comments

    Can I get holiday pay from RBS?

  4. #4

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    8,066

    Default

    Ms Winchester’s company, SJW Marketing Solutions Ltd,
    Finally an SJW delivering some actual social justice!
    Whatever...

  5. #5

    More time posting than coding

    DeludedKitten is a permanent contractor

    DeludedKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Can I get holiday pay from RBS?
    How long have you been inside IR35 and paying the employee taxes without any employee rights?
    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

  6. #6

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    3,004

    Default

    Dammit I haven't taken any holidays.

    Can I get the public sector employer who deemed me inside IR35 to pay for all the days I didn't work (not on the timesheet) as they are kind of like being classed as on holiday.

    Shame the pursuant settled out of court as if it had gone to a ruling (though no guarantee same result would have occurred) then it would have been clearer for clients that if they want to deem contractors inside IR35 they have to pay all the other overhead that they may be trying to shirk.

    I'm willing to opt out of employee rights while contracting inside IR35 for a suitable rate uplift and opt out of all the permie bollox they may try to get me to participate in. Keeps everyone happy.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  7. #7

    More time posting than coding

    DeludedKitten is a permanent contractor

    DeludedKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Shame the pursuant settled out of court as if it had gone to a ruling (though no guarantee same result would have occurred) then it would have been clearer for clients that if they want to deem contractors inside IR35 they have to pay all the other overhead that they may be trying to shirk.
    it's hard to go to court and say "they've offered me everything that I want, but I want to set the precedent" and not get hit with fees for everyone involved though. And it looks like there were a few people involved with expensive lawyers to pay.
    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

  8. #8

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio - scorchio!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    it's hard to go to court and say "they've offered me everything that I want, but I want to set the precedent" and not get hit with fees for everyone involved though. And it looks like there were a few people involved with expensive lawyers to pay.
    Probably were, but the member's costs would have been covered by IPSE - it's what they do, after all - and HMRC have their own people.
    Blog? What blog...?

  9. #9

    Godlike

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Probably were, but the member's costs would have been covered by IPSE - it's what they do, after all - and HMRC have their own people. limitless resources, after all, it's not their money they're spending!
    FTFY.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •