• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Only 70 templates with conflicts to work through, have done 50 odd so far! Thought was close enough to open the forum back up again now - fingers crossed not much chance of a major DB feck up now
    The template is being rendered OK, it's just not got the links within, which suggests it might have been a plugin I made to add them to the rendering context, or whatever it's called in vBulletin-speak.

I'll have it on my old white MacBook so if the plugin's gone astray, I can dig that out and find it

Or maybe I just hardcoded all the logic inside the template; I can't remember now

Comment

App isn't working for me. Getting network errors. Reinstalled app and can't log in now.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        App isn't working for me. Getting network errors. Reinstalled app and can't log in now.
        Cheers, I did wonder how the app would handle the 301 to the new location. Will get it rebuilt and republished.

Comment

Let me know if you spot anything odd, apart from AtW investing in crypto or MF giving out diet tips...

Comment

Cheers, Nick! Have got them somewhere. The likes / thanks should be working again now. Sort of, the control panel is white screening but the functionality seems to have returned
            I can like people again.

Such a pity I can't be bovvered.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Only 70 templates with conflicts to work through, have done 50 odd so far! Thought was close enough to open the forum back up again now - fingers crossed not much chance of a major DB feck up now
              Bloody hell you must have worked at TSB & HSBC?

Last edited by vetran; 24 September 2018, 08:57.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Let me know if you spot anything odd, apart from AtW investing in crypto or MF giving out diet tips...
                We all know he's got a stash, playing a Rope-a-dope to avoid public record.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well - seems ok.

Things missing are

1) Links at top of screen to each forum
                  2) A reply button on the thread when you are not logged in.. (used to just take you to the log on page)
                  3) Unread threads no longer appear in bold...

Anyway apart from that...

Comment

I must have gone blind coz I can't see Light Relief, and, more importantly, TPD.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ohh all the sub forums pulled out in the main menu. Excellent. Was getting really hacked off with the EBT threads always showing as newest over the Accounting ones. Very happy with that.

Just one thing though. As well as CUK Blue and CUK Stealth can we have a CUK Daily Mail so it's formatted the same as DM so it looks like I'm reading that and not CUK. It will look more professional to my manager when he comes over with more work for me to do.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X