• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum update

Back up and running, still got some templates to tweak but it's in the new place now - no longer on the subdomain of its own but in a "forum" folder on the main site. Still got some templates to update and need to check the forum app still works but apart from that we should be up and running again. Let me know if you spot anything odd, apart from AtW investing in crypto or MF giving out diet tips...

Working on a sunday admin ?

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
      Working on a sunday admin ?
      cheers on the update.

I can't like or thank posters.

And some of the remainers posted something intelligent!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        cheers on the update.

I can't like or thank posters.

And some of the remainers posted something intelligent!

Very Kind. You can thank me later.
        Last edited by saptastic; 23 September 2018, 21:38.

Comment

Various smilies have been replaced by what I believe are default vBulletin interlopers:

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Various smilies have been replaced by what I believe are default vBulletin interlopers:

Cheers, Nick! Have got them somewhere. The likes / thanks should be working again now. Sort of, the control panel is white screening but the functionality seems to have returned

Comment

The line of direct links to each forum at the top and bottom of each page is empty. IIRC I implemented it as a vBulletin plugin, so it should probably just need tweaking for whatever aspect of the new setup has changed and caused it to break. It's rendered by a template containing

HTML Code:
              <ol class="cuk_forum_links">{ whatever magic I wrought }</ol>

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                Cheers, Nick! Have got them somewhere. The likes / thanks should be working again now. Sort of, the control panel is white screening but the functionality seems to have returned
                If you can't find them, I'm sure I've got a copy knocking around on one of my old laptops

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Old ones are back now, got Nginx front end on the main server to try and speed things up so might still be showing the new ones for you at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The line of direct links to each forum at the top and bottom of each page is empty. IIRC I implemented it as a vBulletin plugin, so it should probably just need tweaking for whatever aspect of the new setup has changed and caused it to break. It's rendered by a template containing

HTML Code:
                    <ol class="cuk_forum_links">{ whatever magic I wrought }</ol>
                    Only 70 templates with conflicts to work through, have done 50 odd so far! Thought was close enough to open the forum back up again now - fingers crossed not much chance of a major DB feck up now

Comment

Working...
                    X