• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child Maintenance threshold?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    not arrogant, - aye, - right

This one's for Jerry Springer rather than the family law courts....
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by gts View Post
      Didn't expect to come across this many subhumans in a single forum.
      And there are so many more of us, who just read and shake our heads...
      Sir, you need to calm down!

Comment

You've not met the aliens yet then.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I have idly wondered this point myself (not because I'm thinking of giving the wife the elbow, but because I have a devious mind).

As a permie, the courts rule typically that dad has to pay xxx per month considering his monthly salary, but as a contractor one can distort their on-paper earnings to suit the circumstance. I can see why someone may wish to reduce maintenance payments (if ever I was in this situation, I would want to pay into a JISA/similar for the child and keep maintenance payments at a reasonable level).

That said I doubt there'll be a practical response, as looking to avoid maintenance payments altogether at the expense of the child could be construed as being unfair on the child (a view which I'd share), but then no one knows the circumstances and may be speaking out of turn.... ex-wife may have re-married a Russian oligarch and a few hundred a month would have no impact on the child's standard of living for all we know....

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this on a future episode of Long Lost Family.

Can just see Nicky Campbell now: "We thought we'd hit a dead end tracking down the father, but then we uncovered an old post on a contractors forum. And this changed Child X's view of her estranged father..."

Comment

yep friends are in the middle of two divorces.

won't go into details but both husbands seem to want to avoid paying their way.

One (a contractor in showbiz) has gone off sick.

The other a highly paid permie has suggested he will go out on his own during the divorce.

I have time for neither of the scumbags.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Oh FFS!

You're from mumsnet, aren't you?
                Are you slow? Why would I make a flippant comment about mumsnet and be from there? Keep reaching though. Mumsnet is the biggest pile of feminist filth on the internet (possibly).

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Sorry, i'm sure. but at least the less reckless among us can say what they think of this bampot now
                Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
                And there are so many more of us, who just read and shake our heads...
                Sir, you need to calm down!
                I am completely calm, not sure why you think internet randos could change my state of mind even slightly. Maybe because they can change yours?

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
                I have idly wondered this point myself (not because I'm thinking of giving the wife the elbow, but because I have a devious mind).

As a permie, the courts rule typically that dad has to pay xxx per month considering his monthly salary, but as a contractor one can distort their on-paper earnings to suit the circumstance. I can see why someone may wish to reduce maintenance payments (if ever I was in this situation, I would want to pay into a JISA/similar for the child and keep maintenance payments at a reasonable level).

That said I doubt there'll be a practical response, as looking to avoid maintenance payments altogether at the expense of the child could be construed as being unfair on the child (a view which I'd share), but then no one knows the circumstances and may be speaking out of turn.... ex-wife may have re-married a Russian oligarch and a few hundred a month would have no impact on the child's standard of living for all we know....
                Exactly.
                No one knows the circumstances. Thanks for being a voice of reason. I honestly did not expect to be judged this much for a simple financial question. And I still haven't understood what that idiots agenda is here as he won't come out and say so, that's how confident he is of his beliefs.

Comment

My wife tells me this is standard Female Plan A stuff ...

Have kids with partner A
                  Separate
                  Hook up with partner B
                  She now has two partner incomes to raise the kids

I'm just waiting for partner B to come on the scene and my bags to be packed

Comment

Wait until you meet Shaun ... what a And don't get me started on Vetran and Bean
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

BTW I'm not arrogant at all and I didn't start the conflict you piece of tulip, but if some subhuman turd like you starts then I won't back down.
                      Dear gts

You are a vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour **** out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.

You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer on the lips than be seen with you. You are a fiend, a sniveling, spinless coward.

You have bad breath.

I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you especially your existence. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit rotohominid chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic cloacal parasitic pond scum.

I wish you would go away.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a putrefaction, a big suck on a sour lemon with a lime twist.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in regret for what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You give mammals a bad name. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformation.

I barf at the very thought of you.

You have all the appeal of a paper cut.

Lepers avoid you. Syphilitics laugh at you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, a ferment, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

If you aren't an idiot, you've made a world-class effort at simulating one. You snail-skulled little twit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. Your hand refuses autoerotism. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meat slapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper.

You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

And you're boring...
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X