• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attached on a flight...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few years ago 10 hour flight San Francisco London a guy so fat sat next to me he took half of my seat. They couldn't get a table that fitted so they put the food tray on his belly from which it crashed onto the floor. Flight was full so there was nowhere else to go for me. I just felt sick of his sweat and blubber constantly touching me. Worst flight ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      This is why it's nothing less than business class for me
      Today is First Class for me from Ronald Reagan airport to Orlando International, only 2 seats next each other Got Business Class on Sunday from Frankfurt to Dulles and, not 100% sure, but I believe that Kevin Costner was sitting next me (looked like him and his surname was Costner)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Today is First Class for me from Ronald Reagan airport to Orlando International, only 2 seats next each other Got Business Class on Sunday from Frankfurt to Dulles and, not 100% sure, but I believe that Kevin Costner was sitting next me (looked like him and his surname was Costner)
        Flying first on Swiss in July to HKG via Zurich thanks to their recent, marvellous, sale whereby return flights were a nip at £2k each. I hear the first lounge at ZRH is pretty ace.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Few years ago 10 hour flight San Francisco London a guy so fat sat next to me he took half of my seat. They couldn't get a table that fitted so they put the food tray on his belly from which it crashed onto the floor. Flight was full so there was nowhere else to go for me. I just felt sick of his sweat and blubber constantly touching me. Worst flight ever.
          Exactly the same experience to a tee on a flight to Dubai. I had to sit slightly sideways in my seat and which was crippling. He had to eat without a tray as well. It was a bulkhead seat so my TV was in the arm rest which I didn't see again from the moment he sat down to when he got up to get off the plane. 7 hours of sitting in pain looking at a bulkhead wall. It was the longest and worst flight I've ever had.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think the worst flight I've ever had was from Rhodesia to South Africa in a Douglas DC3 (otherwise known as the Dakota). Not only was it a very old plane but we hit a thunderstorm during the flight and the plane got struck by lightning causing it to suddenly drop a few thousand feet which in turn caused a lot of screaming, apart from my little sister who thought it was great, better than a rollercoaster! Oh yeah, then there was the Air Nepal flight, quite smelly after being on the go for 20 odd hours...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Once did a test flight where we were offered the option of a stick push. I hate flying. Everyone else wanted it. One of the worst moments of my life.

I must ask my valet what commercial flight is like. Any self-respecting contractor gets a charter.

Comment

I think the worst flight I've ever had was from Rhodesia to South Africa in a Douglas DC3 (otherwise known as the Dakota). Not only was it a very old plane but we hit a thunderstorm during the flight and the plane got struck by lightning causing it to suddenly drop a few thousand feet which in turn caused a lot of screaming, apart from my little sister who thought it was great, better than a rollercoaster! Oh yeah, then there was the Air Nepal flight, quite smelly after being on the go for 20 odd hours...
                I've also had a lightening strike but nothing happened - we had to divert as policy to inspect for damage, but an hour later we were back in the skies. Had a few aborted landings which were a little hair raising.... Sadly not all airports have lounges - which being a priority pass holder is a little frustrating. It was Maccy D's at Girona - a strange one at that where the staff wear what the heck they like and don't bother with the hygiene of wearing caps!

Comment

Showing your age, aren't you? (We're talking pre 1980 for the benefit of the teenagers).
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    Only relative to Mary Poppins.
                    And let's be fair........compared to MP, Lucretia Borgia came across as warm and cuddly!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                      Coming back from the French apartment back from Girona last night. Most of the passengers were on a package holiday, it was like something of a sitcom - crew ran out of seatbelt extenders trying to get the slimmest of the chubsters to free up the extenders for those who would prevent the take-off from happening....

Well, old-aged muppet next to me refuses to lower the arm-rest as he is squarely in half of my seat. His wife was pretty large so instead of squashing up to her he takes over my seat. He turned psychotic punched me in the ribs and kicking my leg rubgy ruck style. Crew were good, took me to the galley, tried to get matey boy to move but he refused to obey their command, so put me to another seat and kept me supplied with gratis gin and tonic all flight. Crew are making a flight report, I really hope that the airline take their own action to the loon.

I felt like I was in filming for Airport 3......
                      its worse in internal flights within the USA. been on lots of flights with John Candy body types on both sides. They are a lot more timid though, as out there they are conditioned not to be physically aggressive as everything escalates straight from minor argument to someone pulling out a pistol.

Comment

Working...
                      X