• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attached on a flight...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached on a flight...

Coming back from the French apartment back from Girona last night. Most of the passengers were on a package holiday, it was like something of a sitcom - crew ran out of seatbelt extenders trying to get the slimmest of the chubsters to free up the extenders for those who would prevent the take-off from happening....

Well, old-aged muppet next to me refuses to lower the arm-rest as he is squarely in half of my seat. His wife was pretty large so instead of squashing up to her he takes over my seat. He turned psychotic punched me in the ribs and kicking my leg rubgy ruck style. Crew were good, took me to the galley, tried to get matey boy to move but he refused to obey their command, so put me to another seat and kept me supplied with gratis gin and tonic all flight. Crew are making a flight report, I really hope that the airline take their own action to the loon.

I felt like I was in filming for Airport 3......

This is why it's nothing less than business class for me

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      crew ran out of seatbelt extenders trying to get the slimmest of the chubsters to free up the extenders for those who would prevent the take-off from happening....
      So did you get one or did you have to do without?
      Well, old-aged muppet next to me refuses to lower the arm-rest as he is squarely in half of my seat. His wife was pretty large so instead of squashing up to her he takes over my seat. He turned psychotic punched me in the ribs and kicking my leg rubgy ruck style. Crew were good, took me to the galley, tried to get matey boy to move but he refused to obey their command, so put me to another seat and kept me supplied with gratis gin and tonic all flight. Crew are making a flight report, I really hope that the airline take their own action to the loon.

Despite all that my sympathy is still with the old aged muppet having to sit next to you for any length of flight. It appears his course of action was indeed the correct one.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        This is why it's nothing less than business class for me
        It's because you is a classy layydee innit.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It's because you is a classy layydee innit.
          Absolutely. I is well classy

Comment

So did you get one or did you have to do without?
            Those who have met Wilmslow know that he makes a lamp-post look chubby. Unless the fat old git(MF?) actually took 2 whole seats I reckon Wilmslow had plenty of space.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Absolutely. I is well classy
              Only relative to Mary Poppins.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                Those who have met Wilmslow know that he makes a lamp-post look chubby. Unless the fat old git(MF?) actually took 2 whole seats I reckon Wilmslow had plenty of space.
                Why should we let trivial facts get in the way of a good joke?

Comment

Why should we let trivial facts get in the way of a good joke?
                  When you have neighbours like Wilmslow's, might be best.

Not that I ever let facts get in the way of my CUK posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Coming back from the French apartment back from Girona last night. Most of the passengers were on a package holiday, it was like something of a sitcom - crew ran out of seatbelt extenders trying to get the slimmest of the chubsters to free up the extenders for those who would prevent the take-off from happening....

What do you expect if you fly ChavAir? I always "borrow" Sas's private jet (he doesn't know, so don't tell him).
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X