• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 Things that Millenials have that Boomers don't

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    1. Copious tacky tattoos

2. Multiple body piercings

3. Worthless Degrees

4. Lots of Student Debt

5. A room at their parents' house

6. The latest iphone

7. A range of vape bottles

8. A propensity for being easily offended

9. Twitter and Facebook accounts

10. A safe space

Have I missed anything out??

Anxiety about gender identity.

I'd just like to point out that between the boomers and the millenials is generation X (early 1960s to early 1980s). Which I guess many of us belong to I suppose we're largely to blame for Millenials being such snowflakes. Sorry about that.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I'd just like to point out that between the boomers and the millenials is generation X (early 1960s to early 1980s). Which I guess many of us belong to I suppose we're largely to blame for Millenials being such snowflakes. Sorry about that.
      Apology graciously accepted

Comment

I suppose we're largely to blame for Millenials being such snowflakes. Sorry about that.
        Spare the rod & spoil the Child!
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More than 2 Genders....what the actual fook

Cisgender- When you identify with the gender you were assigned at birth
          Transgender- When you identify with a gender different than that you were assigned at birth
          Transsexual- When you have had Gender Reassignment Surgery (GRS) to change the sexual organs you were born with to that of a different gender.
          Male to Female (MtF)- When somebody that is assigned as a male at birth identifies as a female
          Female to Male (FtM)- When somebody that is assigned as a female at birth identifies as a male
          Binary- The genders at each end of the gender spectrum (male and female)
          Non-Binary- An umbrella term for genders that fall somewhere in the middle of the gender spectrum and are neither strictly male or female. This can be used as a gender identification without further explanation. Sometimes the term, genderqueer, is used.
          Genderfluid- Moving between genders or having a fluctuating gender identity
          Agender- Not identifying with any gender. Sometimes referred to as being genderless or gendervoid
          Bigender- Identifying as two genders, commonly (but not exclusively) male and female. Sometimes you feel like both genders at the same time and sometimes you fluctuate.
          Polygender- When you identify with multiple genders at once. Sometimes referred to as multigender.
          Neutrois- When you identify as agender, neither male nor female, and/or genderless
          Gender Apathetic- When you really do not identify nor care about any particular gender. You are fine passing off as whatever and you really do not have an opinion towards your own gender.
          Androgyne- This term overlaps a lot between gender identification and presentation. It can be used to describe others and as an identification. This term is used to describe people who are neither male nor female or are both male and female. Basically anyone who does not fit into a binary gender category.
          Intergender- Somebody who's gender is somewhere between male and female
          Demigender- When you feel as if you are one part a defined gender and one or more parts an undefined gender. Terms can include demigirl, demiboy, demiagender, ect.
          Greygender- Somebody with a weak gender identification of themselves
          Aporagender- Somebody with a strong gender identification of themselves that is non-binary
          Maverique- A non-binary gender that exists outside of the orthodox social bounds of gender
          Novigender- A gender that is super complex and impossible to describe in a single term
          Designated gender- A gender assigned at birth based on an individuals sex and/or what gender society percieves a person to be
          AFAB- Assigned Female At Birth
          AMAB- Assigned Male At Birth
          Gender roles- Certain behaviors an activities expected/considered acceptable of people in a particular society based upon their designated gender
          Gender Presentation- The gender you present yourself to others. This is sometimes referred to as gender expression
          Transitioning- The process of using medical means to change your sex
          Intersex- A biological difference in sex that is when people are born with genitals, gonads, and/or chromosomes that do not match up exactly with male or female. Intersex individuals can have any romantic/sexual orientation and can have any gender identification. Intersex individuals are about as common as redheads.
          Dyadic- Someone who is not intersex and when their gentinals, gonads, and chromosomes can all match into either a male or female category
          Trans Woman- Someone who is assigned as a male at birth, but identifies as a woman
          Trans Man- Someone who is assigned as a female at birth, but identifies as a man
          Trans Feminine- Someone who identifies as feminine, but identifies as neither a man nor a woman. They must also be assigned male at birth.
          Trans Masculine- Someone who identifies as masculine, but identifies as neither a man nor a woman. They must also be assigned female at birth.
          Social Dysphoria- Discomfort experienced when acting in ways socially different than your gender or being addressed in ways different to your gender
          Body Dysphoria- Discomfort experienced because of the difference between gender and your sex, role, or gender expression
          Butch- A term used to describe someone who's gender expression is more masculine than feminine. This is commonly used in describing women or lesbians.
          Femme (Fem)- A term used to describe someone who's gender expression is more feminine than masculine. This is commonly used in describing women or lesbians.
          Binarism- Putting gender strictly into two categories (male and female) and refusing to acknowledge genders outside of male and female.

Comment

Half of those, possibly more, are self-indulgent nutters. But in the interests of not commiting hate crime, I won't say which.

Intersex individuals can have any romantic/sexual orientation and can have any gender identification. Intersex individuals are about as common as redheads.
            Globally, quite possible. But I doubt it's true in Northern Europe for example. Or Scotland.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Half of those, possibly more, are self-indulgent nutters. But in the interests of not commiting hate crime, I won't say which.

Globally, quite possible. But I doubt it's true in Northern Europe for example. Or Scotland.

strange most of the Glaswegians I knew would tup anything.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X