• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 Things that Boomers have that Millenials don't

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 stench of death

14 rude

15 age

16 think they are better then everyone else

17 think they have more of a right in everything

18 having an easy life (made money when living was easy) and think they are the dogs balls

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post

18 having an easy life (made money when living was easy)
      And there was me thinking that the reason I had a house, car, and decent pension was because I had been working hard for 40-50 years whilst raising a family.

Good thing we have some enlightened boomerangers here to keep us properly grounded.

And all that us Boomers will ever be able to leave to our children is all of the wealth that we have worked for over the decades.

Whereas the snowflakes will have to explain to their whining offspring (provided they haven't ditched them a la gts!) just why it is that they are being saddled with a prodigious bill for all of the unpaid tuition fees that their parents ran up getting Media Studies Degrees!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        And there was me thinking that the reason I had a house, car, and decent pension was because I had been working hard for 40-50 years whilst raising a family.

Good thing we have some enlightened boomerangers here to keep us properly grounded.

And all that us Boomers will ever be able to leave to our children is all of the wealth that we have worked for over the decades.

Whereas the snowflakes will have to explain to their whining offspring (provided they haven't ditched them a la gts!) just why it is that they are being saddled with a prodigious bill for all of the unpaid tuition fees that their parents ran up getting Media Studies Degrees!!
        You tell 'em Shauny, I love raging through my stinking yellowed teeth at these snowflakes, whilst a warm feeling comes over me.

Time the change that tena man pad me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Whereas the snowflakes will have to explain to their whining offspring (provided they haven't ditched them a la gts!) just why it
          STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM

Why are so many baby boomers getting divorced?

All divorces

You're making this too easy, boomer scum

edit: damn, looks like I finally shut the boomer up with FACTS. Now I know their weakness. FACTS AND LOGIC.
          Last edited by gts; 27 September 2018, 20:35.

Comment

Originally posted by gts View Post
            STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM

Why are so many baby boomers getting divorced?

All divorces

You're making this too easy, boomer scum

You might want to look at the number & type of people getting married before you jump to conclusions just on the number of divorces. Also empty nest divorces are far more common than I can't cope with the kids.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              You might want to look at the number & type of people getting married before you jump to conclusions just on the number of divorces. Also empty nest divorces are far more common than I can't cope with the kids.
              That's the number of divorces in the UK per year since 1858, dumbass. Go find me a statistic that describes the divorce rate better than that and I'll give a tulip.
              Last edited by NotAllThere; 28 September 2018, 10:29. Reason: Circumventing the swear filter

Comment

find me a statistic that describes the divorce rate better than that and I'll gawp at it unintelligibly, my MO for most situations that go over my empty head
                ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

That's the number of divorces in the UK per year since 1858, dumbass. Go find me a statistic that describes the divorce rate better than that and I'll give a sh.ite.
                  We have a feisty one here. Reminds me of my young self before the senility set in.

Comment

That's the number of divorces in the UK per year since 1858, dumbass. Go find me a statistic that describes the divorce rate better than that and I'll give a sh.ite.

fewer people are getting married nowadays. Also many getting married are more religious, this includes a larger number of immigrants with a higher level of faith adherence (e.g. Hindu/Sikh/Muslim) that are far less likely to divorce.

Therefore the number getting divorced is likely to fall.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      We have a feisty one here. Reminds me of my young self AFTER the senility set in.

Comment

Working...
                      X