• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 Things that Boomers have that Millenials don't

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
      18 having an easy life (made money when living was easy) and think they are the dogs balls
      Oh yes it was easy living in the 70's with no technology, a fooked economy courtesy of Labour, no jobs on leaving Uni/School, having to squat as the paltry salary from the available job didn't stretch to rent, equipping the first home of my own with 2nd hand stuff or simply going without. Yes times back then were just glorious

It's interesting to note that the millennials living near me all seem to get their boomer parents to do the jobs they can't, such as fixing stuff

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        Oh yes it was easy living in the 70's with no technology, a fooked economy courtesy of Labour, no jobs on leaving Uni/School, having to squat as the paltry salary from the available job didn't stretch to rent, equipping the first home of my own with 2nd hand stuff or simply going without. Yes times back then were just glorious

It's interesting to note that the millennials living near me all seem to get their boomer parents to do the jobs they can't, such as fixing stuff
        beer 'n' cigs were cheap though
        amphetamines rather than cocaine
        Led Zeppelin rather than Kylie
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

Remember the "world shortages"?

Of variously sugar, bog roll, petrol, money, going cap in hand to the IMF to get a bail out.

Ah, them were the days.

3 channels on the idiot lantern. Come to think of it, this was good, since you read books instead.

The heady days of "One Out, All Out, Wot about the Workers?", the Three Day week, petrol rationing, power cuts, tv stopping broadcasting at 10pm, ah twas the very heaven.

And not forgetting the Morris Marina and, gawdelpus, the Austin Allegro.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 September 2018, 08:11.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            And there was me thinking that the reason I had a house, car, and decent pension was because I had been working hard for 40-50 years whilst raising a family.
            Odd. I always had you down as a mid-twenties sort of person. Mid 1920s.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Remember the "world shortages"?

Of variously sugar, bog roll, petrol, money, going cap in hand to the IMF to get a bail out.

Ah, them were the days.

3 channels on the idiot lantern. Come to think of it, this was good, since you read books instead.

The heady days of "One Out, All Out, Wot about the Workers?", the Three Day week, petrol rationing, power cuts, tv stopping broadcasting at 10pm, ah twas the very heaven.

And not forgetting the Morris Marina and, gawdelpus, the Austin Allegro.
              And what about the cold war. Which a few of us on here helped win
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

And it wasn't the bank of mum and dad back then but the other way round because our parents were skint with lots of revolving credit

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
                  13 stench of death

14 rude

15 age

16 think they are better then everyone else

17 think they have more of a right in everything

18 having an easy life (made money when living was easy) and think they are the dogs balls
                  The ability to spell, punctuate and use context? You have omitted "Envy" from your list.

13 stench of death

"Death, be not proud" - John Donne

14 rude

"Rude Kids" - 1970's Punk Rock band

15 age

"Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem" - Ode of Remembrance, Laurence Binyon

16 think they are better then everyone else

"Things can only get better" - Labour Party theme 1997 (Baby Boomer Blair enters, Stage Right)

17 think they have more of a right in everything

"More of a right" - Margaret Thatcher, 1983 - Danger to Miners

"Greed is Good" - Wall Street, 1987
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

19. Sense of accountability
                    20. Long term relationship

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      19. Sense of accountability
                      20. Long term relationship

21. your mother.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X