• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 Things that Boomers have that Millenials don't

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    And it wasn't the bank of mum and dad back then but the other way round because our parents were skint with lots of revolving credit

yep living on toast when mortgages got to 14%.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      yep living on toast when mortgages got to 14%.
      You had toast!! we were eating coal in the eighties.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        And what about the cold war. Which a few of us on here helped win
        Ah yes, when one could watch "Threads" or "The Day After" (if one preferred Kansas) on the idiot lantern.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Ah yes, when one could watch "Threads" or "The Day After" (if one preferred Kansas) on the idiot lantern.
          Strange how each new way of conveying information is derided. Socrates thought little of books, saying they were for the lazy who couldn't be bothered to commit to memory!
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Odd. I always had you down as a mid-twenties sort of person. Mid 1920s.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
            X