• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Kavanaugh thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    The accusation is of assault, but she felt he could have raped her. Personally it's her word vs his over an incident over 30 years ago about which neither have good recollection. She however is playing the 'it scarred me for life' card, despite the fact that she went to his/the room willingly.
    That's all very well but do you want a "grooming gang" on the Supreme court ?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      We could say "this role is so important that the person must be beyond reproach, so even controversy around someone's past means they shouldn't be eligible". That's not exactly fair on the person, but perhaps it would be better for the country. There must be someone who has the qualifications and hasn't been accused of rape who could do it.
      That's the whole point though - and why people are saying it's all political. If they can use something like this to prevent someone then they've succeeded in bending the political process to suit their will and can do it again.

The timing of it points to them doing exactly this. Let them have a fair trial and due process by all means. There's been a hashtag the last few weeks saying #believewomen basically saying that an accusation is proven by default if its made and to question it makes you a rape apologist. That's most likely aimed at this very process.

I'm really enjoying watching the far left fall apart - they deserve everything they are bringing on themselves.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        However there is plenty to destroy him without resorting to lies.
        Why would a few respected women lie under oath about sexual assault?

Why would anybody fooking make up tulip like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          That's the whole point though - and why people are saying it's all political. If they can use something like this to prevent someone then they've succeeded in bending the political process to suit their will and can do it again.

The timing of it points to them doing exactly this. Let them have a fair trial and due process by all means. There's been a hashtag the last few weeks saying #believewomen basically saying that an accusation is proven by default if its made and to question it makes you a rape apologist. That's most likely aimed at this very process.

I'm really enjoying watching the far left fall apart - they deserve everything they are bringing on themselves.
          If it is a Democratic conspiracy then let the FBI investigate.

Why did she actually name him in 2012 to the therapist ?
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Much more worrying about this Kava dude is that he wrote memos on that President of USA can't be indicted or subpoenaed - it's the only reason why Trump picked him, to save his own arse from Mueller investigation, for that reason alone Kava should have been denied seat (plus a lot of his tulip done as part of "Federalist Society")

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              If it is a Democratic conspiracy then let the FBI investigate.

Why did she actually name him in 2012 to the therapist ?
              And why is she only coming forward now?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I find it ironic that Kavanaugh did exactly the same to Bill Clinton but all they found was Monica Lewinsky. Destroying Bill Clinton's reputation was OK, but then he is a Democrat.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Why did it take so long for abused boys to come forward and tell it all about priests?

Comment

She said in her testimony yesterday, because she sees it as her civic duty to inform the Senate committee that Judge Kavanaugh assaulted her.

Why did Kavanaugh spend years raking up dirt about Bill Clinton ?

probably because he saw it as his civic duty.

A tip is if there is a lot skeletons in the cupboard, then they might come falling out just when you don't need them to.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 28 September 2018, 13:16.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

But it doesn't happen every time. And if it became the norm then that can be dealt with. In the meanwhile if there is a slightly credible accusation and/or the whole situation becomes so contentious, maybe the best thing is simply to realise it's not good for the country for him to continue. Why can't they put up another conservative Republican candidate?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X