• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone tried Money Dashboard ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried Money Dashboard ?

I'm using a spreadsheet to track a bank account balance throughout the month, but had a look for something more automated out there and found Money Dashboard.

The Planner feature looks like what I'm after.

Anyone tried this ?

I've been concerned about using Yodlee or similar to sync account information (I don't currently use it in Free Agent), but seems it's becoming more accepted.

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    I'm using a spreadsheet to track a bank account balance throughout the month, but had a look for something more automated out there and found Money Dashboard.

The Planner feature looks like what I'm after.

Anyone tried this ?

I've been concerned about using Yodlee or similar to sync account information (I don't currently use it in Free Agent), but seems it's becoming more accepted.
    Why would you be concerned about using Yodlee which is pretty established and is part of something as popular as FA amongst other things but willing to try an App most have probably never heard of?

The app does look kind of interesting though. I don't budget down to the level it looks like it provides personally but might be worth a look at some point. I'm just concerned it's not able to handle the number of digits required, particularly on the front screen shown on the webpage. Maybe it will be ok in landscape mode though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Why would you be concerned about using Yodlee which is pretty established and is part of something as popular as FA amongst other things but willing to try an App most have probably never heard of?
      I haven't bothered with Yodlee with FA as it's not too much of an issue for me to manually upload statements.
      Then I see that this Money Dashboard also uses Yodlee, and if I want to use MD fully I'm going to have to relent and start trusting Yodlee. Which maybe means I'll also try hooking it up in FA.

Comment

Having looked further, I think I'll stick to the XLS. I just can't bring myself to hand over access to personal financial data to some 3rd party. Money Dashboard is a "free" service, but you get nowt for free, and will pay for it somehow (data harvesting ?).

Guess I'm just too paranoid.

Comment

is started using MD a few years ago. Since I have a decent warchest now I care less so probably ought to delete my details.
          That being said I've had no problems and they seem to simply use it to sell you products that match your profile rather than selling your data.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I used it for a while, but stopped as it was counting things twice as I had my buiness and personal bank accounts (both with natwest so same login) and it was skewing the transactions and making it seem like I was spending a tulip load
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Works well for me. The reports are improving all the time and if desperate you can download the data and analyse in excel/power bi

Comment

Working...
              X