• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Furloughs 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Furloughs 2018

Barclays are just communicating theirs out for all managed service supplied contractors:

Mandatory 10 working days from 14 to 31 December (well, incl bank hols), plus
    Additional 5 days in October/November

If you don't have any days off in October/November then your furlough starts on 7 December

If you take more than 5 days off in October/November your furlough period still starts on 14 December

What do they class as Managed Service Contractors? Is that agency supplied as well as the bigger outsourcers?

I only ask as when we all got walked a couple of years ago some key guys were transferred to the Manager Services like Tech Mahindra which weren't in scope of the head count chops so I'm a little confused what they consider 'Manager Service Contractors' now.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Heaps of people now engaged via the awful outfit that is HCL (myself included). There may be other firms too. Not sure if the lot from Avanade are included. Very few agency type workers - they use an agency to provide the contract but it's all on a SOW to HCL.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Barclays are just communicating theirs out for all managed service supplied contractors:

Mandatory 10 working days from 14 to 31 December (well, incl bank hols), plus
        Additional 5 days in October/November

If you don't have any days off in October/November then your furlough starts on 7 December

If you take more than 5 days off in October/November your furlough period still starts on 14 December
        I'm at the same client but London-based, suspension of services commences on Monday 10th Dec for all contractors (except the PAYE 'contractors' on agency's payroll).

Comment

Originally posted by fibio View Post
          I'm at the same client but London-based, suspension of services commences on Monday 10th Dec for all contractors (except the PAYE 'contractors' on agency's payroll).
          Good to see consistency being applied once again

Comment

Banks always have change freezes over christmas.
            so they lay off the expensive <contractor> people, apart from infrastructure support etc.
            It's not new, this

Comment

Never had this, ever regardless of working in finance, retail, manufacturing, etc. Colleagues working in the same office doing the same job have had it though Even when there is a software freeze I've always had to be there because things still go wrong and you continue to work on future developments thus time is not wasted, this is short sighted by companies when the time could be well utilised
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Never had this, ever regardless of working in finance, retail, manufacturing, etc. Colleagues working in the same office doing the same job have had it though Even when there is a software freeze I've always had to be there because things still go wrong and you continue to work on future developments thus time is not wasted, this is short sighted by companies when the time could be well utilised
                it started back when the beancounters were promoted over the engineers
                and when 'change manager' became a job title

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  it started back when the beancounters were promoted over the engineers
                  and when 'change manager' became a job title
                  Must be UK-centric
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Must be UK-centric
                    not in my experience , apart from Arabia, of course

Comment

Working...
                    X