• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No clapping just jazz for snowflakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    We are sort of heading towards the tin foil hat brigade here but there is does seem to be an increase in the development of 'state propaganda' where any news you do not agree with can be branded fake news and therefore debunked.

And expressing a point of view which is different from the 'accepted' point of view is seen as some sort of crime - especially in the academic world.

But even more so I am seeing it in the workplace - I was working with our digital/agile youths - and I voted Brexit - they made it quite clear to me I was wrong and that if I have that point of view then in general I should not be allowed to have that point of view and needed to be re-educated to have the accepted point of view.

Which is just a bit scary.

I fear the youth of today confuse conformity with stability.

Not just the youth some who infest the sub forum that shall remain nameless.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Not just the youth some who infest the sub forum that shall remain nameless.
      And university professors, journalists and a good portion of adults who created this snowflake problem...

If Trump wins these mid-terms and then wins again in 2020 the tulip is going to get real...
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Not just the youth some who infest the sub forum that shall remain moderators.
        ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          On a similar note - it seems our local supermarket now has a 'quiet' hour between 9 and 10 .

Not really sure what this means other than you cannot use the coin/change machine between those times.

So it would seem there is a new generation of people who simply struggle to exist as a standard human being.

And the rest of the world has to change because of it.

I prefer survival of the fittest myself.
          I haven't (been diagnosed with any) mental conditions and I'd much prefer this. Just as I prefer pubs without music and coffee-shops you can have a quiet chat without having to shout.

What you describe as "existing as a standard human being" definitely wasn't standard when you were the age the kids are now. THe world is much louder and busier which is why I live in the country.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I haven't (been diagnosed with any) mental conditions and I'd much prefer this. Just as I prefer pubs without music and coffee-shops you can have a quiet chat without having to shout.
            So you frequent Weatherspoons and the local granny cafe? Makes sense
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

A day in the life of a ‘gammon’

A day in the life of a ‘gammon’
              6th September 2018

HAVE you ever wondered what it’s like being a permanently furious middle-aged white man? Here gammon Roy Hobbs describes a typical day.

8.30am. Read the Daily Express over breakfast. Apparently the EU wants to ban Christmas presents! I haven’t even finished my eggy soldiers and I’m already furious.

9.30am. Arrive at my office in Chichester. Lucy asks if I want a cup of tea. The way women are these days I’m lucky she didn’t sue me for sexual harassment just for saying ‘hello’.

11.30am. Go outside for a fag. Get really angry when I imagine in detail Chichester becoming a multicultural hellhole with a mosque and a scooter gang on every corner.

1pm. Lunch. Have a bacon sandwich before they’re banned to avoid offending The People We’re Not Allowed To Talk About. Vein in my neck really pulsating now.

2.30pm. Get the biscuits out and spend the afternoon on BBC comments under my username ‘SodOffGordonBroon’. Put a few millennial snowflakes to rights about how easy they’ve got it these days.

7pm. Dinner with the wife in my house that’s quadrupled in value due to buying at the right time. Remember how oppressed I am as a middle-aged white man and am forced to have a large glass of Merlot to calm down.

10pm. Go to BBC Question Time in Chichester. Whenever the one Remainer panellist says anything I shout ‘RUBBISH! BLOODY RUBBISH!’. It’s about time these quisling traitor bastards were made to listen to reason.

12.30am. Finally get to bed. No idea why, but I feel too angry to sleep for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                No clapping just jazz for snowflakes

Nice.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I was really disappointed when I realised that's almost my day to a tee. It doesn't mention sitting on the tram listening to Millenials talking about things they have no idea about and they are ruining the world' but the rest of it is close enough..

And then I realised it also applies to nearly every genetically miserable bastard in Yorkshire.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I was really disappointed when I realised that's almost my day to a tee. It doesn't mention sitting on the tram listening to Millenials talking about things they have no idea about and they are ruining the world' but the rest of it is close enough..

And then I realised it also applies to nearly every genetically miserable bastard in Yorkshire.

The idea that there would be only one Remainer on question time is hilarious.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The idea that there would be only one Remainer on question time is hilarious.
                      Yet you'd be the first to wave the Daily Mail in disgust if the BBC started dumbing down its panel to reflect the majority cretin population.

Comment

Working...
                      X