The Northern PowerHouse The Northern PowerHouse
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Default The Northern PowerHouse

The North of England's property market was the worst-performing region in Britain for house price growth in the three months to September, with prices falling by 1.7pc, according to data from Nationwide.

A surge in the supply of new homes in the North is to blame, said Jonathan Hopper of buying agent Garrington. "Housebuilders were slow to start building again in the North, but new homes are finally coming on stream now. That jump in supply has depressed prices," he said.

Nationally, annual house price growth steadied at 2pc, with monthly prices up 0.3pc during September, taking the average property price to £214,922.

Property market in the North falters as new homes depress prices

Safe as house prices!

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

The problem is that prices soon drop near these areas of new builds because they don't build the infrastructure to go with them - okay, you might get a Tesco Express popping up, but where are the schools, clinics, police stations, etc.?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    The problem is that prices soon drop near these areas of new builds because they don't build the infrastructure to go with them - okay, you might get a Tesco Express popping up, but where are the schools, clinics, police stations, etc.?
    ...the prisons, food banks,

did you know the Lancashire is one of the most poverty stricken areas in the whole of the UK. Coming from Glasgow, that's saying something.

credit has left children so undernourished schools are offering free breakfasts

makes me sad
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post

You mean we have to build infrastructure ??

I thought we just opened the floodgates then gave all the tax money to bankers!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.