• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Presidential text

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presidential text

Got this twice yesterday

Presidential alert: US mobile phones get test message - BBC News

Once was in the Haunted House and about 40 phones all went off... Causing some panic and scaring the tulip out of little kids
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Got this twice yesterday

Once was in the Haunted House and about 40 phones all went off... Causing some panic and scaring the tulip out of little kids

Sounds like an eminently sensible tool assuming they can control the panic and direct it to a specific area if needed. Maybe by using the location of cellphone tower.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Causing some panic and scaring the tulip out of little kids
      Is it any wonder why....?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Sounds like an eminently sensible tool assuming they can control the panic and direct it to a specific area if needed. Maybe by using the location of cellphone tower.
        This is actually an expansion of an existing service that does just that, send out alerts regionally. What they have now doe is test it at a national level.

Despite the title it's actually nothing to do with Trump or the Whitehouse (for a change).
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Got this twice yesterday

We'll give you some time to come up with a plausible explanation as to why you were in a haunted house with a bunch of kids. Looks like you'll probably need it...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            This is actually an expansion of an existing service that does just that, send out alerts regionally. What they have now doe is test it at a national level.

Despite the title it's actually nothing to do with Trump or the Whitehouse (for a change).
            Don't spoil it for the chattering Guardian reading liberals!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              We'll give you some time to come up with a plausible explanation as to why you were in a haunted house with a bunch of kids. Looks like you'll probably need it...
              I could say I was following their 'yummy mummys' but I can't really as Disneyland is full of white trash...further to that, Disneyland

- only saw 3 British families, football shirts, tattoos, wives with humongous backsides, you guessed, they fitted right in with the locals
              - millions and absolutely millions of prams
              - I have never, ever seen so many mobility scooters
              - food is overpriced and crap
              - rides are not all that much (driving on the Interstate is more exciting), luckily I had Fastpass so no 2 hour queues otherwise I would have left
              - in the end, not really worth it...luckily I didn't have to pay
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

- in the end, not really worth it...luckily I didn't have to pay
                that's nice the special school paid for you, our tax pounds at work!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  that's nice the special school paid for you, our tax pounds at work!
                  Once again you are wrong

Comment

Once again you are wrong

where is your sense of humour?

Comment

Working...
                    X