• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can a company get a pay day loan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Although it is highly unlikely someone will lend money to an entity that can vanish overnight without paying it's debts...

I thought that was the whole business plan of the Pay Day loan industry?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Although it is highly unlikely someone will lend money to an entity that can vanish overnight without paying it's debts...
      I don't think he was suggesting borrowing from an actual lender. Just coming up with a stupid avoidance scheme that would fail for multiple reasons.
      That's how I read it anyway.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        I don't think he was suggesting borrowing from an actual lender. Just coming up with a stupid avoidance scheme that would fail for multiple reasons.
        He should have thought of an invoice factoring tax avoidance scheme such as x factor (where x = OJDATC).

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Sounded to me like you'd need to set up some FCA-regulated lender to lend the company, say, £40k and get £80k back in capital and interest. It could work better if you then charge £100/week for statements, plus other varying amounts for activity and a banking hotline with an 09 number billing at £200/minute.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
            At 10% per day.
            This is a scheme just like any other to reduce tax. Is it legal and what can HMRC do, cause they won't like it?

PS. Usual fookers don't bother vomiting here and just fook yourself.
            Constructive discussion please.
            oh dear

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
              At 10% per day.
              This is a scheme just like any other to reduce tax. Is it legal and what can HMRC do, cause they won't like it?

PS. Usual fookers don't bother vomiting here and just fook yourself.
              Constructive discussion please.
              Three outcomes.

1) Borrow £1000 and pay back, say £2000 (so £1000 in interest). You might save £190 on your Corp Tax bill, but the other £810 is lost to the payday lender forever. So yes, it reduces your tax bill, but the overall loss to the business is far higher.

2) Set up your own payday lender, become regulated and all that. Pay £1000 in interest. You'd save £190 in Corp Tax, but the £1000 profit your pay day lender created would pay £190 in Corp Tax. That company would have its own accountancy costs and whatnot. So the overall loss is higher than had you not bothered.

3) Jail time. If HMRC managed to stop laughing at such a moronic 'scheme', that is. 'Schemes' to evade tax should result in you having more money afterwards (but before the court case), not less.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
              X