• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farewell Google+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell Google+

You were tulip and no-one liked you anyway.

Google+ shutting down after users' data is exposed - BBC News

Google is shutting down much of its social network, Google+, after user data was left exposed.
    It said a bug in its software meant information that people believed was private had been accessible by third parties.
    Google said up to 500,000 users had been affected.
    According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, the company knew about the issue in March but did not disclose it.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Every few months, something would remind me that it still existed and I'd wonder why, given Google's penchant for killing things like Reader that people actually liked and used

I like the fact that it leaked users' private data, but they don't know exactly whose, because they discarded their logs in order to protect users' privacy

Comment

A local authority client of mine is moving their systems to the cloud and my sage advice was:
      With the cloud (just servers somewhere) be careful of data jurisdiction, access and ownership. You’re renting your data processing and have forgone true data ownership with the cloud.
      I think we're going to get a lot more data thefts, leaks and abuse simply because no one knows what data they have or where it is and have too much trust in the cloud Data protection, no way

Comment

Good. Because some idiot at Google said it's google+ that means when we tie it up with YouTube you can't vote down as it's google+ not google- WTF and at the time couldn't revert it back.

They ruined YouTube comment section because they wanted in on the band wagon of Facebook and one way was to force you to use it considering most use YouTube. Now you have idiot commenting on YouTube that you can't down vote like "I found this amazing site that will make you rich" or "dam you snowflakes". Days for voting wars are over mind you now they might be back

Comment

Working...
        X