• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking news - Council tax to be abolished!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    This is centralish Slough (note the handy Job centre plus). £750,000 for a 4 bed.

4 bedroom detached house for sale in Clyde Close, Slough, Berkshire, SL1

I live a lot further out.
    Are you closer to the centre of Staines?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

We don't talk about Staines, we try to forget the poor people exist, much the same as those in Maidenhead.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        This is centralish Slough (note the handy Job centre plus). £750,000 for a 4 bed.

4 bedroom detached house for sale in Clyde Close, Slough, Berkshire, SL1

I live a lot further out.
        For a little more you can be the proud owner of a rusty box on top of some garages!

Derelict garage transformed into a modern two-bed home for GBP825,000 | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Runcorn: a big chavvy blister just outside Liverpool

Sums it up better than I could....
          When I was growing up in the jewelled city of Liverpool, I always considered Runcorn to be quite posh.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            nah, he's a stain too far

Comment

It starts with 0.5% and before you know there will be additional rate taxpayer bands

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It starts with 0.5% and before you know there will be additional rate taxpayer bands

yep
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Hopefully they make it payable by the property owner and not tenant so gets absorbed in the rent cost like service charges are.

Then the tenant will be better off as rent affordability follows housing benefit levels and it's another nail in the coffin of amateur 'accidental' landlords pricing out first time buyers by Borrowing to Let all the cheaper properties.

Bring it on.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    Hopefully they make it payable by the property owner and not tenant so gets absorbed in the rent cost like service charges are.

Then the tenant will be better off as rent affordability follows housing benefit levels and it's another nail in the coffin of amateur 'accidental' landlords pricing out first time buyers by Borrowing to Let all the cheaper properties.

Bring it on.
                    I can't see the ultra low tax May govt implementing this....oh hang on.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      When I was growing up in the jewelled city of Liverpool, I always considered Runcorn to be quite posh.
                      Just proud not to be from Liverpool and relieved not to be from the town of the high six, Widnes. Big difference.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X