• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

extracting a PDF from a word file...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extracting a PDF from a word file...

Seriously windaz users - how do you do it? A client sent me a document and now I'm ready to punch the screen.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Seriously windaz users - how do you do it? A client sent me a document and now I'm ready to punch the screen.
    Try "Technical", people are less likely to be subjected to abuse - although I very much doubt it in your case you thick twunt!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I tend to use Adobe Acrobat (part of creative cloud suite) for all PDF stuff, native Acrobat stuff in Win and Mac are pretty basic without it.

How is the PDF embedded in the Word file? Must admit I've not seen a PDF embedded in Word before to have the need to extract it.

What is it you are trying to extract exactly? Give us a clue!

Comment

Double-clicking can often work.

Although, it could be someone on here, who's realised it's you and simply sent you the icon.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Don't worry spooter it will be someone else's fault and they are in your opinion morons.

But the Thistle hotel have said they will honour your booking so long as you promise not to leave your crusty sock selection there like last time.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Got about 30+ PDFs as icons embedded in the a .docx document. I can open them and save them one by one but the filenames are not retained. This is a stupid problem to have in 2018. I remember it in 1998, but 20 years later... you'd think dragging and dropping them would work, but no....
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Why don't you let your PA do it? You do have a PA don't you?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

you are being a bit of a dumbass as it's perfectly possible to drag a PDF from a Word document into a folder and it retains the same filename.

PEBKAC
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Save as pdf.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Got about 30+ PDFs as icons embedded in the a .docx document. I can open them and save them one by one but the filenames are not retained. This is a stupid problem to have in 2018. I remember it in 1998, but 20 years later... you'd think dragging and dropping them would work, but no....
                    Are they renamed as something other than .pdf?
                    What are you using to open the .docx docs? If it's OpenOffice, older versions didn't handle certain attachments too well, so upgrading OO might help. I don't remember having problems with pdf's though, so you might need to give us some more detailed diagnostic info to work on.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X