• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dutch Hoe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I'd like to a buy a dutch hoe, but the ones I've seen in B&Q are always with a handle and too big to take in the hand luggage on a cheap flight
    Buy a saw as well. Problem solved.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Buy a saw as well. Problem solved.
      ha ha good one

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        this is the gardening thread

and a genuine question and problem

I'd like to a buy a dutch hoe, but the ones I've seen in B&Q are always with a handle and too big to take in the hand luggage on a cheap flight

and hence trying to find where I can buy the head only

does that qualify for an infraction

you gotta love the UK these days, total paranoia

Milan.
        What is to stop you buying one in Homebase, and then just sawing off the head?

Also, out of interest, how does a Dutch hoe differ from a, um, normal or vanilla hoe?

Actually, I have two hoes, one where a small "blade" sticks pretty much straight out, and a second one with a larger blade at right angles pointing slightly backwards.

They're both quite useful in their own ways, and the first is better for fiddly weeding round closely spaced plants, but on the whole I think the second type is better and more effective for weeding.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Also, out of interest, how does a Dutch hoe differ from a, um, normal or vanilla hoe?
          Never heard of a vanilla hoe, but there's lots of different kinds of hoe:

Hoe (tool) - Wikipedia
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
          X