• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panasonic Plasma problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    you got me

and it's not the first time people have told me it's because of people like me that there are financial criseses.

I don't like spending hard earned, and have an allergy to full ticket prices

Milan.
    I'm only joking and fair do's to you.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I'm only joking and fair do's to you.
      no worries

but back to the question what is the best cheapskate set top box for "smartifying" an onld tv and having a YouTube app and a web browser app ?

or is this the wrong forum to ask such a cheap skate question :-)

Milan.

Comment

the amazon stick,

a) does it work on the mainland ?

b) I amazon prime free view, I refuse to pay for tv

c) does the amazon stick have the YouTube apps and web browsing capabilities

a good quality set top box with a youtube app and web browser is all we need

Milan.
        It'll work anywhere with Internet. If you don't have Prime you'll miss out on some of its features and stuff, but you'll still have YouTube and a Web Browser. I think you can still rent One-Offs too, but don't quote me on that one as I have Prime.

Edit: It's definitely not a set top box in any real way though as there's no TV tuner or anything in there.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          It'll work anywhere with Internet. If you don't have Prime you'll miss out on some of its features and stuff, but you'll still have YouTube and a Web Browser. I think you can still rent One-Offs too, but don't quote me on that one as I have Prime
          thanks Dan.

I'll have a look tonight and see if the Panasonic has a USB slot

Does the Fire stick come with a keyboard ?

By the way do you have a California, I'd rather get a California Ocean than an SuV but the Mrs doesn't want a camper

Milan.
          Last edited by milanbenes; 10 October 2018, 09:11.

Comment

thanks Dan.

I'll have a look tonight and see if the Panasonic has a USB slot

Does the Fire stick come with a keyboard ?

By the way do you have a California, I'd rather get a California Beach than an SuV but the Mrs doesn't want a camper

Milan.
            No need for USB - just HDMI in. It doesn't come with a keyboard, but I think you can buy one - it's very responsive though, I use the standard remote for all my YouTubeing.

And no California here, unfortunately. My camper was actually a 1968 Bay! Sadly long gone now, but we still have the Wifes '68 Beetle - the new stuff can be lovely, though.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              No need for USB - just HDMI in. It doesn't come with a keyboard, but I think you can buy one - it's very responsive though, I use the standard remote for all my YouTubeing.

And no California here, unfortunately. My camper was actually a 1968 Bay! Sadly long gone now, but we still have the Wifes '68 Beetle - the new stuff can be lovely, though.
              I gotta pay extra for the keyboard, jayzuz !

my parents (in their late 70's) bought a brand new T6 Ocean two years ago they love it

Milan.

Comment

If you don't want the subscription side of the offerings then forget Amazon, NowTV, etc. Get an android box and bluetooth mini-keyboard via Amazon. Nothing else to pay for.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  If you don't want the subscription side of the offerings then forget Amazon, NowTV, etc. Get an android box and bluetooth mini-keyboard via Amazon. Nothing else to pay for.
                  thanks

and which one should I buy, there are a zillion to choose from and I don't have the time to become a subject matter expert

Milan.

Comment

the amazon stick,

a) does it work on the mainland ?
                    Yes

c) does the amazon stick have the YouTube apps and web browsing capabilities
                    Yes. Our current LG TV stopped working with YouTube so we have a Fire stick for that now.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Yes

Yes. Our current LG TV stopped working with YouTube so we have a Fire stick for that now.
                      we had the same problem with a Sony LCD in the kitchen damn apps stopped working

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X