• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panasonic Plasma problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I gotta pay extra for the keyboard, jayzuz !

my parents (in their late 70's) bought a brand new T6 Ocean two years ago they love it

Milan.
    its £30 base. Hardly expensive.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      If you don't want the subscription side of the offerings then forget Amazon, NowTV, etc. Get an android box and bluetooth mini-keyboard via Amazon. Nothing else to pay for.

Thing about that is you are constantly trying to find someone who supports your particular machine.

Fire stick isn't the best technically but its dirt cheap and has lots of support.

Also Alexa will control the fire. So shouting Alexa play Fireman Sam/Iplayer or whatever is fun.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Thing about that is you are constantly trying to find someone who supports your particular machine.

Fire stick isn't the best technically but its dirt cheap and has lots of support.

Also Alexa will control the fire. So shouting Alexa play Fireman Sam/Iplayer or whatever is fun.

Got mine pre-loaded with various apps so not had to do anything but let the apps update when asked. Not sure if that has been clamped down upon by the likes of Amazon.

Have a Firestick too but the interface is so frustrating, having to scroll around and search without a keyboard, that I rarely use it now most content is available via streaming on the Android box, albeit not always at the better quality. I don't have the newer voice controlled one.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          thanks

and which one should I buy, there are a zillion to choose from and I don't have the time to become a subject matter expert

Milan.

Ah you've yet to discover the art of the buy. Whenever you don't have time to research just buy the next most expensive.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

The Youtube app was automatically removed\disabled off my Amazon Fire TV Stick (the cheapest one) at the turn of the year and now have to use a browser.

Comment

or get a chrome cast and just control everything from you laptop.

Comment

Also have a Panasonic plasma - 6 and a bit years old, smart-ish but the apps don't get updated anymore and the Iplayer app on the Firestick works much better.

At the time (pre-4k) the picture seemed much better to me than the equivalent LCD/LED TVs. Likewise the sound, although that was less of a deal-breaker since we use a full AV setup most of the time.

Moving house soon so the Panasonic will get relegated to another room and we'll treat ourselves to something newer and bigger for the living room
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                  The Youtube app was automatically removed\disabled off my Amazon Fire TV Stick (the cheapest one) at the turn of the year and now have to use a browser.
                  Download the vTube Player app (it's free)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Download the vTube Player app (it's free)
                    Ta WTFH, will check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Put it in the gaming room for the kids' PS4/Xbox or whatever. Buy one of these for you living room.
                      I thought "8475" was a model number, but it turns out that's the price!

Looks excellent though I must say.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X