• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad news for contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Time to stock up on baked beans & shotgun shells.
    Make sure you get those dual purpose beans....

Comment

Bean shooting anything lately?

No, not much.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Tomo1971 View Post
        I could possibly lose my ‘job’ if this happens.

I commute via plane every week and stay in hotels for 2 or 3 nights - plus costs of food and hire car. So approx £250 a week in expenses.

Been forced into PAYE will mean the client has the upper hand I know that I would be lucky to get £45k but I cant imagine that they will want the liability of paying for them expenses themselves. They would set my employee contract to been based in the office and so any expenses incurred in getting there would be my own. I cant imagine them setting my contract up as WFH so I can claim the expenses.

Sure that there will be many more affected by this
        If (when) it comes in, it's going to cause havoc. Unless my contract is deemed outside IR35 I'll be off. There's going to be one hell of a contractor merry go round when this hits the fan. So when this clueless kn0b jockey screws it up he'll be safe in the knowledge that he's cost the Tories tens of thousands of votes. And this from the guy who was criticising brown when IR35 was brought in because of it's effects on the smallest businesses in the UK.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          If (when) it comes in, it's going to cause havoc. Unless my contract is deemed outside IR35 I'll be off. There's going to be one hell of a contractor merry go round when this hits the fan. So when this clueless kn0b jockey screws it up he'll be safe in the knowledge that he's cost the Tories tens of thousands of votes. And this from the guy who was criticising brown when IR35 was brought in because of it's effects on the smallest businesses in the UK.
          Looking at the crap HMRC have landed themselves in in the last few weeks/months I wouldn't be overly worried at the moment.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X