• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gizza gig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Are you any good at delivering projects that have 4 incapable PMs all running round in circles who like to change project dates on a whim and don't grasp the concept of "It should be possible in about 12-18 months", thinking that means "it will be done in 3 months"?

If so, sure, I'm up for a swap.
    Current "Product Owner" asked how it would be possible to deliver the current system in 2 years rather than the 15 years based on "Story Points" and "Sprint Velocity".

I foolishly suggested it would be possible if we increased our productivity by 750%.

So that was presented to the board, and they agreed we should do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Bored day at the office

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        eight hours???

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Current "Product Owner" asked how it would be possible to deliver the current system in 2 years rather than the 15 years based on "Story Points" and "Sprint Velocity".

I foolishly suggested it would be possible if we increased our productivity by 750%.

So that was presented to the board, and they agreed we should do that.

yeh, the old 'we need a baby in a month! PM -ok, we'll get nine female contractors'

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I'd be happy to give you one.

and your missus won't charge?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              You can have this one....

Luxury, one agent took 20 minutes trying to convince me that running some financial midget's BI in the square mile was paying well at £35k. They did offer season ticket loans I said they would chuffing have to because that much wouldn't keep Miss V in Strawberries.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                There's an outside?

yeah and the houses under £500k are bigger than a Garage.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post
                  Funny enough there is nothing to do in High Barnet, unless you like doing ambulance spotting. That's a hobby I guess to pass time
                  So why are you there then?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    So why are you there then?
                    Found it was cheap to live (with onsite parking) and crime isn't bad so I thought mustn't be too bad plus with trains straight into central london about 40-50 minutes travel time.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post
                      Found it was cheap to live (with onsite parking) and crime isn't bad so I thought mustn't be too bad plus with trains straight into central london about 40-50 minutes travel time.

Should move to sluff central its <30 minutes and the crime is pretty low.

Comment

Working...
                      X