• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not the will of the people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the will of the people

Fracking to start in Lancashire as legal challenge fails - BBC News

Fracking to start in Lancashire as legal challenge fails
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Not the will of a few mindless, criminal protesters Shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      Not the will of a few mindless, criminal protesters Shirley?
      I believe it's more important to preserve the quality of water rather than short term energy supplies.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

So not as advertised, just a regurgitation of the protesters ungrounded, unproven irrational fears?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Fracking to start in Lancashire as legal challenge fails - BBC News

Fracking to start in Lancashire as legal challenge fails
          Cheap energy for generations? I'm not seeing a downside here...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Once they've done with Lancash1te, any chance they move on to Yorksh1te. Hopefully we can get rid of the North in the next few years at this rate.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Once they've done with Lancash1te, any chance they move on to Yorksh1te. Hopefully we can get rid of the North in the next few years at this rate.
              Harsh. We should frack the Scots for 40 years, and then offer them a new vote on independence. If they vote "No" a second time, we'll know they're either still terrified of Sturgeon, or they'll believe absolutely anything we say. If they vote "Yes" we'll still have 40 years of oil revenues.
              I'm still not seeing a downside...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Cheap energy for generations? I'm not seeing a downside here...
                Nor me

I remember people getting in a tiz when we closed in the pits in the 80's and they created big holes at much shallower depths than fracking which simply extracts the contents of sludgy shale and replaces it with sludgy mud at a mile down, way below water tables and so forth. The simple fact is that this country isn't rich or secure enough to depend on imported energy

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                  Nor me

I remember people getting in a tiz when we closed in the pits in the 80's and they created big holes at much shallower depths than fracking which simply extracts the contents of sludgy shale and replaces it with sludgy mud at a mile down, way below water tables and so forth. The simple fact is that this country isn't rich or secure enough to depend on imported energy
                  Coal and gas supplies are finite, the UK should go nuclear.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Coal and gas supplies are finite, the UK should go nuclear.
                    Agreed and we should have put a nuclear engine in the new aircraft carriers for 20+ years sailing without refuelling

Comment

Working...
                    X