Not the will of the people Not the will of the people
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Godlike

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,764

    Default Not the will of the people

    Fracking to start in Lancashire as legal challenge fails - BBC News

    Fracking to start in Lancashire as legal challenge fails
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    NigelJK is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,536

    Default

    Not the will of a few mindless, criminal protesters Shirley?

  3. #3

    Godlike

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NigelJK View Post
    Not the will of a few mindless, criminal protesters Shirley?
    I believe it's more important to preserve the quality of water rather than short term energy supplies.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    NigelJK is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,536

    Default

    So not as advertised, just a regurgitation of the protesters ungrounded, unproven irrational fears?

  5. #5

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Fracking to start in Lancashire as legal challenge fails - BBC News

    Fracking to start in Lancashire as legal challenge fails
    Cheap energy for generations? I'm not seeing a downside here...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,765

    Default

    Once they've done with Lancash1te, any chance they move on to Yorksh1te. Hopefully we can get rid of the North in the next few years at this rate.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  7. #7

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Once they've done with Lancash1te, any chance they move on to Yorksh1te. Hopefully we can get rid of the North in the next few years at this rate.
    Harsh. We should frack the Scots for 40 years, and then offer them a new vote on independence. If they vote "No" a second time, we'll know they're either still terrified of Sturgeon, or they'll believe absolutely anything we say. If they vote "Yes" we'll still have 40 years of oil revenues.
    I'm still not seeing a downside...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  8. #8

    More time posting than coding

    tazdevil has more data than eek

    tazdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Cheap energy for generations? I'm not seeing a downside here...
    Nor me

    I remember people getting in a tiz when we closed in the pits in the 80's and they created big holes at much shallower depths than fracking which simply extracts the contents of sludgy shale and replaces it with sludgy mud at a mile down, way below water tables and so forth. The simple fact is that this country isn't rich or secure enough to depend on imported energy

  9. #9

    Godlike

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
    Nor me

    I remember people getting in a tiz when we closed in the pits in the 80's and they created big holes at much shallower depths than fracking which simply extracts the contents of sludgy shale and replaces it with sludgy mud at a mile down, way below water tables and so forth. The simple fact is that this country isn't rich or secure enough to depend on imported energy
    Coal and gas supplies are finite, the UK should go nuclear.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  10. #10

    More time posting than coding

    tazdevil has more data than eek

    tazdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Coal and gas supplies are finite, the UK should go nuclear.
    Agreed and we should have put a nuclear engine in the new aircraft carriers for 20+ years sailing without refuelling

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •