£7,000 day rate - how the other half live £7,000 day rate - how the other half live
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 33

More time posting than coding

edison is good enough for Jehovah!

Default £7,000 day rate - how the other half live

I heard at a recent client that they had some programme management consultants in at £4,000 a day.

Then a friend mentioned where he used to work at a major bank, at one point there were four consultants sitting opposite him charging £7,000 a day. The latter were from one of the big strategy houses.

What a gravy train!

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

I heard Freddie Starr ate someone's hamster. Must be true.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    I heard Freddie Starr ate someone's hamster. Must be true.
    What, you think that’s bogus? I’m talking about senior level consultants from the likes of McKinsey, not someone who can do a bit of business analysis or coding. According to this Financial Times article, Directors at McKinsey earn between $1-3million a year.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

There are plenty of other articles about rates at the big strategy consultants that back those figures up.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I heard at a recent client that they had some programme management consultants in at £4,000 a day.

Then a friend mentioned where he used to work at a major bank, at one point there were four consultants sitting opposite him charging £7,000 a day. The latter were from one of the big strategy houses.

What a gravy train!
    £7000 a day? INKSPE!
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Super poster

Lance - scorchio!

What a gravy train!
    if they work for a big consultancy they aren't getting £7k a day themselves.
    Comparing consultancy day rates with contractor rate is futile, depressing and utterly pointless.
    The best day rate I ever 'took' was more than twice what I can get as a one-man contractor, and that was over 20 years ago.
    See You Next Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    if they work for a big consultancy they aren't getting £7k a day themselves.
    Comparing consultancy day rates with contractor rate is futile, depressing and utterly pointless.
    The best day rate I ever 'took' was more than twice what I can get as a one-man contractor, and that was over 20 years ago.
    I understand what you’re you’re trying to say but you’re wrong because at that level the utilisation model is different. Consulting Partners are expected to bill about 10-20% of their time. Their earnings most certainly can equate to £7k a day because the rest of their time is spent on selling and client engagement.

I’ve worked for a UK consulting firm where the most senior consulting partners were able to get annual bonuses of £1m or more. The big US strategy consulting equivalent partners can make triple that.

Super poster

vwdan is NOT a disguised employee

I understand what you’re you’re trying to say but you’re wrong because at that level the utilisation model is different. Consulting Partners are expected to bill about 10-20% of their time. Their earnings most certainly can equate to £7k a day because the rest of their time is spent on selling and client engagement.

I’ve worked for a UK consulting firm where the most senior consulting partners were able to get annual bonuses of £1m or more. The big US strategy consulting equivalent partners can make triple that.

What a gravy train!
    Can you make up your mind what you're talking about, because these things aren't all the same. If somebody works for a Consultancy then they aren't seeing a chunk of that day rate - fact. Either talk big consultancy rates, or talk one man band rates - but you can't really compare the two.

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    £7000 a day? INKSPE!

My lunch costs more than that

love MF
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    My lunch costs more than that
    Being in engineering sector, best I ever managed was £40 an hour.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Don't worry.... when hyperinflation kicks in £10k will just be enough to get a Greggs sandwich.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”