• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

to cctv or not to cctv?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That might be true at the moment. But if the government goes rogue, like it did in Russia under Stalin, or Germany in the 1930's, then you might have a lot to worry about. Privacy is about protecting private citizens from the force of bad governments.
    Surely if our government did get as bad as those, it would do whatever it likes anyway?

I have some reservations as our government does sometimes abuse rules, like that thing about councils using anti-terror laws to snoop on ordinary people, but I think I'd rather be protected from the more immediate risk of crime. Much more likely to get mugged than jailed for insulting our great leaders at the moment.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Surely if our government did get as bad as those, it would do whatever it likes anyway?

I have some reservations as our government does sometimes abuse rules, like that thing about councils using anti-terror laws to snoop on ordinary people, but I think I'd rather be protected from the more immediate risk of crime. Much more likely to get mugged than jailed for insulting our great leaders at the moment.

how very dare you!

you know the benefits of immigration are obvious!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X