• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear never mind

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear never mind

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...MRC-probe.html

BBC chief admits 3,000 radio staff could be hit by massive tax bills after being caught in HMRC probeNumber was revealed by director general Lord Hall while giving evidence to MPs
    BBC workers were urged to set up personal service companies so they could be treated as freelancers and save BBC millions in National Insurance contributions
    Thought lots of the people affected are in local radio and not on high incomes

Maybe they will find a way to spank the BBC as well.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Does it matter? BBC is funded by licence fees, we end up paying for these twats anyway.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

By twats, I meant greatly overpaid twats. How are these salaries justified?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        By twats, I meant greatly overpaid twats. How are these salaries justified?
        Quite.

I was immensely grateful when someone paid that twat Eddie Mair on the PM programme to go somewhere else.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Oh dear never mind
          Get it right.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The amount of payment is immaterial, as is the preception of value obtained.

The principle of forcing workers into a self-employed or LtdCo structure to avoid liabilities as an employer is something that HMG / HMRC has refused to tackle to date. Their focus has always been to assume that the worker is a tax dodging shyster and that the hiring organisation is cleaner than a squeaky clean thing.

It annoys me immensely that IR35 points the finger at the wrong entity.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Get it right.

You never heard of "less is more?"
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yes, but in this case, less is wrong.

Sent from my G8141 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                X