• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sanctions on Saudi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    are you following this story, or Celebrity Big Brother

Milan.

OK I have been trying to restrain my more direct language so lets see what I would have said previously.

They are a bunch of vicious medieval racists who are slaughtering huge portions of their population, mistreating their immigrant workers and womenfolk as well.

The only reason any civilised nation talks to them is that millions of prehistoric dinosaurs died under their territory then rotted for millennia and we need this to power our rape of the earth. So we sell them the weapons to kill their population and kiss their bloody hands to get our hands on their oil.

We are so far up their arse it should disgust any sane person.

I suspect if they hadn't had the oil they would probably be in a slightly worse state than Angola, I like to think that would be entirely just.

Sad you find it funny, it says much more about you than me.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      OK I have been trying to restrain my more direct language so lets see what I would have said previously.

They are a bunch of vicious medieval racists who are slaughtering huge portions of their population, mistreating their immigrant workers and womenfolk as well.

The only reason any civilised nation talks to them is that millions of prehistoric dinosaurs died under their territory then rotted for millennia and we need this to power our rape of the earth. So we sell them the weapons to kill their population and kiss their bloody hands to get our hands on their oil.

We are so far up their arse it should disgust any sane person.

I suspect if they hadn't had the oil they would probably be in a slightly worse state than Angola, I like to think that would be entirely just.

Sad you find it funny, it says much more about you than me.

no I don't find it funny

this is what the boss of the state media organization said yesterday

US sanctions on Riyadh would mean Washington is stabbing itself - Al Arabiya English

basically Oil will trade in Chinese Yuan (goodbye pretodollar), Russia will have military bases in Saudi, buy Russian arms instead of US and closer ties with iran

this is what the same person says today...

Saudi Arabia’s message: Enough is enough! - Al Arabiya English

and this is the western media covering it

saudi sanctions - Google Search

it's not funny, it's scary and it is surprising the sequence of events which lead to it

what happens next is anybody's guess

good luck and maybe time for a bit of prepping

Milan.

Comment

no I don't find it funny

this is what the boss of the state media organization said yesterday

US sanctions on Riyadh would mean Washington is stabbing itself - Al Arabiya English

basically Oil will trade in Chinese Yuan (goodbye pretodollar), Russia will have military bases in Saudi, buy Russian arms instead of US and closer ties with iran

this is what the same person says today...

Saudi Arabia’s message: Enough is enough! - Al Arabiya English

and this is the western media covering it

saudi sanctions - Google Search

it's not funny, it's scary and it is surprising the sequence of events which lead to it

what happens next is anybody's guess

good luck and maybe time for a bit of prepping

Milan.
        OK I apologise , morally we should do something but its is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          OK I apologise , morally we should do something but its is scary.

no need to apologise - my answers didn't explain properly the angle of thought

I have no argument to your comments in the context

nevertheless, I am surprised by this twist of events that Saudi have so upfront put themselves into the limelight and the potential for escalation and consequences

Milan.

Comment

no need to apologise - my answers didn't explain properly the angle of thought

I have no argument to your comments in the context

nevertheless, I am surprised by this twist of events that Saudi have so upfront put themselves into the limelight and the potential for escalation and consequences

Milan.
            Why? The Russians got away with murder on foreign territory on more than one occasion.

It is pointless to carry a big stick if you don't actually use it once in a while.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The only reason Saudi Arabia exists is because none of the big powers want anyone of the other big powers to control that much oil.

At vetran says - a vile place.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Crikey we are all on a bender tonight about Saudi Arabia, any more we adding to the list?

Comment

Are we talking about Brexiteers again?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Your pithy comment had me in stitches for almost 4-5 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Bremoaners surely? they have a weird belief system and believe Federal/Fuedal states are a good idea

Comment

Working...
                      X