• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

reCaptcha Driving me Mad!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reCaptcha Driving me Mad!

Anyone else?

You know the one where you have to select the squares with the traffic signs. Is it just the squares encompassing a whole sign? Do the posts count as part of the sign? Do you include the tiles where a small portion of the sign overflows?

Hardly ever works for me whatever rules I follow. And once you get it wrong it all seems to get a whole lot harder

Work of the devil....

Originally posted by Unai Emery View Post
    Anyone else?

You know the one where you have to select the squares with the traffic signs. Is it just the squares encompassing a whole sign? Do the posts count as part of the sign? Do you include the tiles where a small portion of the sign overflows?

Hardly ever works for me whatever rules I follow. And once you get it wrong it all seems to get a whole lot harder

Work of the devil....

The question text should contain the answer but normally its any part of the sign.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's a trick one that makes it harder for not only robots to access the content but useless feckwits as well..

Seems to be pretty effective.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You're providing training data for their self-driving cars, so make sure you get it right or they'll take their revenge when they see you on the road…

Comment

Do the posts count as part of the sign? Do you include the tiles where a small portion of the sign overflows?
          Funny coincidence as I was thinking exactly the same thing when I did a captcha half hour ago.

Wonder if they need to be so complex, one site just has a simple maths thing, 8+5=? Would a robot solve that? It would need to understand the context of the question. Maybe 8 and 5 and + could be images?
          Last edited by xoggoth; 15 October 2018, 13:12.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            It's a trick one that makes it harder for not only robots to access the content but useless feckwits as well..

Seems to be pretty effective.
            Well, from the three posts of yours that I've read I've reached the conclusion that you, sir, are a bit of a wenker.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Funny coincidence as I was thinking exactly the same thing when I did a captcha half hour ago.

Wonder if they need to be so complex, one site just has a simple maths thing, 8+5=? Would a robot solve that? It would need to understand the context of the question. Maybe 8 and 5 and + could be images?
              Yes, and I always seem to get it when I'm in a rush.

The one I did the other day (select all tiles with cars) started rendering new tiles as I was clicking Does it really have to be that complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                You're providing training data for their self-driving cars, so make sure you get it right or they'll take their revenge when they see you on the road…
                LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Unai Emery View Post
                  you, sir, are a bit of a wenker.
                  Hmmmm….inneresting….substituting an 'e' for an 'a'....

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  Ebsolutely scendalous.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                    Hmmmm….inneresting….substituting an 'e' for an 'a'....
                    Very inneresting indeed
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X