• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got £25m spare?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got £25m spare?

The project to race a car at over 1,000mph has run into a financial roadblock with the company behind the venture going into administration.
    The Bloodhound supersonic vehicle is all but built but needs a £25m investment if it is to break records on a dried-out lakebed in South Africa.

Bloodhound supersonic car hits financial roadblock - BBC News
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Oracle were one of their partners....

not sure if that is in any way relevant.

Comment

When I read that article earlier my initial thought was why haven't Tesla joined up with SpaceX to do this. First automated car over 1000mph backed by rocketry.

Seems an obvious PR win for such companies with plenty of R&D money to spend.

Other benefit being no-one need risk their lives driving such a loony vehicle. Not exactly challenging driving in a straight line and nailing the throttle. A computer would also be able to make better real time adjustments before it went out of control or risked flipping.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

That's not an investment...

Comment

Stick a Brexit slogan on it, and I'd be happy to pony up the money.

Comment

A few years after Brexit £25 mln will be the new living wage...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              A few years after Brexit £25 mln will be the new living wage...

25 million Lira?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X