• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General DOOM thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    EN currencies looking bad because of US debt they've taken on. I could not use trust and US finance in the same sentence. In the last 15 years the dollar has lost 90% of its value against gold - you call that trust when the printing presses are burning that fast and furious? I call it theft.
    I didn't say it was moral, just observing. Most of that debt funded Asian growth, they are co-dependent.

Comment

In the last 15 years the dollar has lost 90% of its value against gold - you call that trust when the printing presses are burning that fast and furious? I call it theft.
      Price of gold in 2003 was around $325/oz, today it is $1226/oz, so a 73% drop in value, not as bad as 90%

Gold Price Chart, Live Spot Gold Rates, Gold Price Per Ounce/Gram | BullionVault

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        Price of gold in 2003 was around $325/oz, today it is $1226/oz, so a 73% drop in value, not as bad as 90%

Gold Price Chart, Live Spot Gold Rates, Gold Price Per Ounce/Gram | BullionVault
        Okay should have said between 01 and 2011/12 - 90% during this time. I'd argue the value of gold is been pushed down since 2011/12 at the same time the FANG stocks have been pushed up almost 1000% with printed dollars. Gold is heavily undervalued at the minute and will probably sink further in the short term. Did you ken there's nearly 10 times as much paper gold in the derivatives market than there is actually physical gold?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Okay should have said between 01 and 2011/12 - 90% during this time. I'd argue the value of gold is been pushed down since 2011/12 at the same time the FANG stocks have been pushed up almost 1000% with printed dollars. Gold is heavily undervalued at the minute and will probably sink further in the short term. Did you ken there's nearly 10 times as much paper gold in the derivatives market than there is actually physical gold?
          The hypothocation ratio is worse than that.

Comment

Working...
          X