• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors Advocacy Group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So he managed to fix your erectile dysfunction issues as well?
    I might have offered a helping hand.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      You are talking about a poster of the year. Who has helped hundreds, if not thousands, of contractors. He has helped me personally.

Occasionally he is terse and asks people to do some research. Is that so wrong?

Apologies to NLUK who will be embarrassed by this.
      I am glad that you were helped.

As someone with bags of career experience who has recently made a move into contracting, the answer to your question "Is that so wrong?" is Yes.

I believed this to be a community, a support group of peers. To me one behaves like Cojack (i.e. answer the question) or say nothing. My management style is that there is no such this as a stupid question. I see and have seen the advantage of this model. I would rather someone attempt to engage in a constructive dialogue than ridicule me.

Comment

Originally posted by Goke View Post
        . My management style is that there is no such this as a stupid question.
        omfg I suppose you're a glass half full person with a holistic approach as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          omfg I suppose you're a glass half full person with a holistic approach as well?
          Embrace the diversity.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Yes I am. And what of it?

Is this a forum of professionals or a twitter group for high school mean girls?

Comment

General is very much the latter

There's a reason the smiley was added…

Comment

ooeer

Comment

It's more a reflection of irritation than any particular desire to be seen as somehow superior. Over the last 15 years or so on this site I have seen the same basic questions asked by newcomers to contracting from all sorts of previous career backgrounds, who may not know the answers but who don't appear to have even tried to find out. Hence the occasional flash of anger at yet another "dumb" question.

That said the OP in this case wasn't actually one of those, but simply asked Google the wrong question (had they looked for "groups supporting or representing contractors" or something similar IPSE would be first one up). On that basis NLUK's response was obviously a little harsh; it was the use of "union" that hid IPSE from view since they are not one.

Equally obviously I disagree with Goke - "having bags of experience" is fine but "recently moved into contracting" means you are a newbie in a world you only think you understand.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I am glad that you were helped.

As someone with bags of career experience who has recently made a move into contracting, the answer to your question "Is that so wrong?" is Yes.

I believed this to be a community, a support group of peers. To me one behaves like Cojack (i.e. answer the question) or say nothing. My management style is that there is no such this as a stupid question. I see and have seen the advantage of this model. I would rather someone attempt to engage in a constructive dialogue than ridicule me.
                    Post in the relevant section of the forum.

This is General - submit a serious question here and you will(more often than not) be subjected to ridicule.

So, have a look at the resources available within the forum and if you still have a query then submit your question in the relevant section.

As for your recent move into contracting, AYSYCOTBAC?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

General - All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously.

Says it right there on the tin

Comment

Working...
                      X