• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors Advocacy Group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goke View Post
    I am glad that you were helped.

As someone with bags of career experience who has recently made a move into contracting, the answer to your question "Is that so wrong?" is Yes.

I believed this to be a community, a support group of peers. To me one behaves like Cojack (i.e. answer the question) or say nothing. My management style is that there is no such this as a stupid question. I see and have seen the advantage of this model. I would rather someone attempt to engage in a constructive dialogue than ridicule me.
    Jesus, yet another tea leaf has arrived.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Being fairly new to contracting, it appears to me that we have to individually fight our battles. This forum is good for advise and tips, but that is all.

I think contractors need to have something like a union (note: like a union, but not a union). Something akin to the Guilds of old. A body through which we can present a united front to government agencies likes of HMRC on the subject of IR35 or force the recruitment industry to adopt some kind of self-regulation or even have a regular review of recruiters published, by contractors or engaging in Class Action Suits/Group Litigation Orders on behalf of members.

I know that such things as collective wage bargaining is not possible for contractors. But surely if such a group/scheme existed one could have access to better legal services and similar through economies of scale.

Perhaps something already exists, if so can someone let me know.
      There are some unions but they only allow naked fat lazy contractors to join
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I am glad that you were helped.

As someone with bags of career experience who has recently made a move into contracting, the answer to your question "Is that so wrong?" is Yes.

I believed this to be a community, a support group of peers. To me one behaves like Cojack (i.e. answer the question) or say nothing. My management style is that there is no such this as a stupid question. I see and have seen the advantage of this model. I would rather someone attempt to engage in a constructive dialogue than ridicule me.
        That's your management style. On an anonymous internet bulletin board there is so such a thing as a stupid question. Different medium, different rules.

If you are struggling on here, go ask an ill thought out and poorly researched question on Mumsnet for example. Then you'll know out right hate and ridicule. Try it on the immigration forums and you'll get insta-banned.

You've had it easy here, believe me.

You fawning bedwetting lickspittle...
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You fawning bedwetting lickspittle...
          You've used this before....come on man, I need new insults!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
            Your mum... etc.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Your mum... etc.
              I said new..not something from the 90's

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
                I though this was the standard CUK insult and as heinous an insult that could ever be bestowed upon a member of these forums without offending the casual passer by?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Contractors Union

If it floats your boat:

Home Page | efip.org
                  IWGB
                  Home
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I believed this to be a community, a support group of peers.
                    What??

Specifically in General?

I suppose they might lend you a truss if you asked nicely.

Otherwise, abandon all hope.

The professional fora are the place for serious questions.

This is the bear garden.

Do you like films about Gladiators?
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      What??

Specifically in General?

I suppose they might lend you a truss if you asked nicely.

Otherwise, abandon all hope.

The professional fora are the place for serious questions.

This is the bear garden.

Do you like films about Gladiators?
                      I've got a noisy radiator, what should i do?

Comment

Working...
                      X