• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold bullion and storage in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    hide it as Eiffel towers..

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Anyone have some recommendations? Turning out to be a bit of a minefield and I'm not comfortable storing in the house...
      You're a doomloop, poopy. An end-of-days, bunker dwelling, conspiracy theorist, cryptonumpty, psycho prepper and all around dunce monkey.

If you turn out to be a sockie, then I take it all back - best ever!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Bling it up dude...

Pure gold is soft as sh*t. So shouldn't there be a couple of interlaced rows of diamonds along the rims of those gnashers to actually use them properly?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Anyone have some recommendations? Turning out to be a bit of a minefield and I'm not comfortable storing in the house...

Digital Gold by The Royal Mint looks right up your street.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Digital Gold by The Royal Mint looks right up your street.
            first good recommendation! Thanks...

Don't wish to transfer my house sale proceeds into Euro or Swiss francs in order to buy the shiny metal and loose value in the process. Also costs of storage in Zurich are a bit cheeky.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Lloyds Bank - UK Bank Accounts - Safe Deposit Boxes

£200 a year for a small safety deposit box.

Have you converted all of your digital gold to the physical stuff?

Comment

Cheers - This is GBP I'm looking to put into gold. I'd rather hold the physical stuff, as they say.. if you can't touch it you don't own it.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  Wow, that's odd, my missus has one of those ornaments on the bedside table, next to her copy of fifty shades of grey. ..

Comment

Sad times when a man on the internet publicly declares his inferior <cough> is no match for 'Made in China' ornament and a trashy Novel about a man who was abused as a child.

Comment

Store it somewhere where Corbyn can't nationalise it, so the Royal Mint & Lloyds are not risk-free.
                      Switzerland would probably be your best bet. Although if it's an H Samuel signet ring, you're probably OK keeping it at home. HTH.
                      Last edited by Mordac; 20 October 2018, 10:56.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X