• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the UK housing market - Doom level: ATW raises eyebrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of the UK housing market - Doom level: ATW raises eyebrow

I was going to put this in my 'stock market crash thread' but I thought it deserved its own special discussion.

The UK market is experiencing a shortage of houses at the moment, which has led to a higher demand. A demand which has had a positive impact on the big house builders of the UK. Several of them have reported a rise in sales due to the healthy demand for new homes. Amongst others, is the industry giant Taylor Wimpey, which saw a 5% increase in completed houses in 2017 (14,541) and average prices rising to 3%.
    source: The biggest house builders in the UK - GenieBelt

All sounds very bullish... the government is spouting the same nonsense. Yet three of the largest builders of houses in the UK collectively show a drop of 20% in share price this year alone. Mother of all crashes is on the way folks. Don't have a crystal ball, can't say when exactly, but watch out when those interest rates rise... that'll be a strong indicator.

How deep will the correction be? If house prices are to show a meaningful ratio between earnings and cost of ownership, 40% correction be a start. 60% at worst.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Keep on dreaming Jellyhead!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Sleep is commercial, life is just a dream.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I am prepped

Comment

Spoke to a mortgage broker last week. He said he can see a correction coming that is being blamed on brexit but he said that brexit or no brexit it's gonna happen and he can see it on the system that he uses. He thinks a correction of 10% is about right. He said having a 40% is highly unlikely as the banks are still lending at good rates... He said if it was going to 've bad the first sign is the banks increasing rates and limiting lending which they ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
            He said having a 40% is highly unlikely as the banks are still lending at good rates...
            Yeah, and the banks never got it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Yeah, and the banks never got it wrong
              The banks haven't got it wrong. They all knew what was going on and knew the gov would bail them out giving them more money.

Had a friend work in a bank (halifax) they have an account and he said it's value was 99999999 and never goes up or down meaning it's infinate amount. So saying the go bankrupt is total b.s. as they make money through dept because that is how money is made into existence.

Comment

Fook - I appear to have wandered into housepricecrash.co.uk
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
                  The banks haven't got it wrong. They all knew what was going on and knew the gov would bail them out giving them more money.

Had a friend work in a bank (halifax) they have an account and he said it's value was 99999999 and never goes up or down meaning it's infinate amount. So saying the go bankrupt is total b.s. as they make money through dept because that is how money is made into existence.
                  That’s sasgurus account

Comment

[QUOTE=scooterscot;2593917]I was going to fart but I thought it deserved its own special discussion.

no. it doesn't

Comment

Working...
                    X