• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wine cabinets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like who has wine in the house for more than a day anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      People who can plan ahead for years?

Comment

We've got a wine cellar. The previous owner used to run a Champagne import business and it was licensed for 3000 bottles.

It's a decent ambient temperature and we generally only have to chill the wine down further for ten or fifteen minutes before it's ready to drink. Reds are more problematic as it can take two or three hours before the wine is properly room temperature.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Joys of a cave house is every room is temperature controlled constant 17 degrees so we just leave them in the crates
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Exactly! Or even a day - Just buy a bottle in Tesco and drink the lot the same evening, and voila, no need for a wine cabinet!

Mind you, I've been buying demijohns in charity shops and suchlike for several months, and now have over a dozen ready to start making my own wine!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Stockpiling wine is essential for post-Brexit world.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Stockpiling wine is essential for post-Brexit world.

HTH
                Yes, because Chile, Argentina, California, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and even England don't produce any wines...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Yes, because Chile, Argentina, California, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and even England don't produce any decent wines...

FTFY

How Steven Spurrier enraged the French — and was never forgiven | The Spectator

But of course he couldn’t resist shaking things up a bit and so organised an event where French wine grandees would blind taste some top Californian wines against the equivalents from Bordeaux and Burgundy. According to Spurrier, there was no mischievous intent — the ‘Judgment’ was simply an attempt to demonstrate the quality of wines coming out of California. Many involved, however, were not amused when the Americans came out top; Spurrier describes being ‘physically thrown out of the Ramonet cellars by M. Ramonet’s son André for having caused such an insult to the family name’.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Yes, because Chile, Argentina, California, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and even England don't produce any decent wines...

FTFY

How Steven Spurrier enraged the French — and was never forgiven | The Spectator

But of course he couldn’t resist shaking things up a bit and so organised an event where French wine grandees would blind taste some top Californian wines against the equivalents from Bordeaux and Burgundy. According to Spurrier, there was no mischievous intent — the ‘Judgment’ was simply an attempt to demonstrate the quality of wines coming out of California. Many involved, however, were not amused when the Americans came out top; Spurrier describes being ‘physically thrown out of the Ramonet cellars by M. Ramonet’s son André for having caused such an insult to the family name’.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If any of you cretins believe that New World wines are, in general, superior, or even equivalent to European, you don't know what you're talking about. An ocassional vintage and year, unusually, maybe. Although I fully agree that with global warming, English wines will get better.
                      Stick to drinking Carling Black Label and don't make fools of yourselves.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X