• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wine cabinets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yes, because Chile, Argentina, California, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and even England don't produce any wines...
    It’s Burgundy wine or go home mate.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      If any of you cretins believe that New World wines are, in general, superior, or even equivalent to European, you don't know what you're talking about. An ocassional vintage and year, unusually, maybe. Although I fully agree that with global warming, English wines will get better.
      Stick to drinking Carling Black Label and don't make fools of yourselves.
      what colour's the sky on your fantasy planet?

Comment

If any of you cretins believe that New World wines are, in general, superior, or even equivalent to European, you don't know what you're talking about. An ocassional vintage and year, unusually, maybe. Although I fully agree that with global warming, English wines will get better.
        English wines go for premium segment (Nyetimber etc) and they will be exported, at the same time New World wines will be para-dropped from C130s to fight the French blockade

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          New World wines will be para-dropped from C130s to fight the French blockade
          is this a new Amazon initiative?

Comment

90% of the wines I currently have in the cellar are Northern Rhone (red and white), Margaux, Pauillac, Sauternes and Pomerol. I know what I like.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I don't give a flying **** what your pretentious nonsense it all about.

HTH BIDI

Comment

as usual Assgoo is big on misunderstanding. The point of a blind taste test is to remove the possibility of prejudice based on origin. Shockingly new world wines win again & again.

Access Denied

When the world’s finest wine tasters gathered in Burgundy to test their skills, the French confidently expected to demonstrate their prowess. Instead, France suffered what L’Express news magazine described as the “ultimate affront” of finishing nine places below Britain in the 24-team contest.

The championships were won by Sweden with 115 points while British tasters scored 107 to come second. France gained just 75 points. The result underlined large gaps in French wine culture, observers said.
                oh dear AssGoo flounders again.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X