• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chancellor goes for Ltd Cos.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Who keeps digging these fecking old threads up?
    ?? Zeity surely!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Look 'ere Z, as you have plainly invented a time machine, it would be much more impressive if you brought back some CUK links from 2026.
      That's assuming there's still an Internet in 2026 and we're not back in the Stone Age
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

That's assuming there's still an Internet in 2026 and we're not back in the Stone Age
        Sounds all too probable. Maybe the internet has become intelligent and is planning to take over the world. It is creating all this fake news so that we kill each other off in a third world war.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Look 'ere Z, as you have plainly invented a time machine, it would be much more impressive if you brought back some CUK links from 2026.
          And bring me back some ££ from 2006, worth so much more than the crap ones we have today.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Probably Trump's next executive order, "we invented so now you can all feck off!"
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Isn't most of our GPS provided free by US NASA satellites? He might start charging us.
              bloggoth

Comment

I'll save him the effort (All genuine, I safely predict):

Brexit going well / we're all f*cked because of Brexit
                House prices going up nicely / House price crash imminent
                Immigrants good / Immigrants bad
                MF's latest diet unsuccessful / Why is AtW still banned?
                When will Wenger get the sack?
                When will England actually win a football tournament?
                Remember the good old days when we all used to be IT Contractors?
                What's the best medication for piles / dementia / leaky bladder / anything else ?

Have I missed anything?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Have I missed anything?
                  The CUK Funding Bill is passed. The new system goes on-line August 4th, 2026. Moderator decisions are removed from all forums. CUK begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. It creates an army of sockpuppets that overwhelm the few remaining human posters. In a panic, admin tries to pull the plug....

Comment

Isn't most of our GPS provided free by US NASA satellites? He might start charging us.
                    US GPS is managed by the DoD, not NASA. So yes, Trump could start charging. The other two countries who manage GPS satellites are China and Russia. At any time these countries could pull the plug or degrade the service.

The EU is running the Galileo project to produce free, non-militarily controlled GPS. More than half the satellites are already in place, and the system is expected to be fully operational by 2019.

"What did the EU ever do for us?"
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      US GPS is managed by the DoD, not NASA. So yes, Trump could start charging. The other two countries who manage GPS satellites are China and Russia. At any time these countries could pull the plug or degrade the service.

The EU is running the Galileo project to produce free, non-militarily controlled GPS. More than half the satellites are already in place, and the system is expected to be fully operational by 2019.

"What did the EU ever do for us?"
                      Er, wasted billions duplicating a system which already exists? It would have been way way cheaper to pay the DoD for unfettered access, n'est pas?
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X