• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duckgogo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duckgogo

Anyone else using duckgogo instead of Google? Results are quite accurate so far. All we need now is some privacy focused politically neutral social media platforms now.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Well if you type in 'is suityou01 a tw*t' the top 4 results are CUK threads and proves he is so looks pretty accurate to me.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you think you can avoid the reach of google by just using a different search engine then you are wasting your time. Your footprint is bigger than you think
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

AFAIK DuckDuckGo is a meta search that uses Bing/Yahoo API...

Comment

I use DuckDuckGo as my main search engine, what better product endorsement is there?

It uses it's own crawler and search engine. The ads are from Yahoo and Bing search alliance, this is how it makes money.

Comment

I used the duck gogo browser on my mobile, but wasn't impressed

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Anyone else using duckgogo instead of Google? Results are quite accurate so far. All we need now is some privacy focused politically neutral social media platforms now.
              It's a quacking piece of software................

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I use DuckDuckGo as my main search engine, what better product endorsement is there?

It uses it's own crawler and search engine. The ads are from Yahoo and Bing search alliance, this is how it makes money.
                Wrong

“DuckDuckGo's results are a compilation of "over 400" sources,[46] including Yahoo! Search BOSS; Wikipedia; Wolfram Alpha; Bing; its own Web crawler (the DuckDuckBot); and others.[3][46][47] It also uses data from crowdsourced sites, including Wikipedia, to populate "Zero-click Info" boxes – grey boxes above the results that display topic summaries and related topics.[11]”

Source - Wikipedia

If you have reasonably sized website then you can asily check user agents of bots that crawl it and compare how much or how little they crawl compared to the big boys

Searching them is about the same as searching on Bing or Yahoo (powered by Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Wrong

“DuckDuckGo's results are a compilation of "over 400" sources,[46] including Yahoo! Search BOSS; Wikipedia; Wolfram Alpha; Bing; its own Web crawler (the DuckDuckBot); and others.[3][46][47] It also uses data from crowdsourced sites, including Wikipedia, to populate "Zero-click Info" boxes – grey boxes above the results that display topic summaries and related topics.[11]”

Source - Wikipedia

If you have reasonably sized website then you can asily check user agents of bots that crawl it and compare how much or how little they crawl compared to the big boys

Searching them is about the same as searching on Bing or Yahoo (powered by Bing)
                  It's still better that your search engine. Where is your search engine by the way?

Comment

I use DuckDuckGo but via safari or edge, their app isn’t great.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X