• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The SAS are a bunch of big girl's blouses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BBC should know better than to do click bait headlines as the real story is:

Women will be able to apply for any British military role for the first time.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Let 'em apply.

I'd quite like to see a few girlies doing the fan dance.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Let 'em apply.

Better then peeling potatoes, like private Shaun the Sheep?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Better then surrendering after 5 days then spending the rest of the war informing on their neighbours like the Dutch did?
          ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Let 'em apply.

Haven't done Fan Dance (And may never now, thanks to a stupid sciatic nerve) but a few hard arse girlies were doing Paras 10 when I did them.

Though I have to confess, I went to check the times and only 9 / 40+ came in ahead of me, but three seniors did it in < 1:50.
            Last edited by vwdan; 26 October 2018, 09:10.

Comment

No reason to not let women be invited to try out for the SAS, dropping the standards would be wrong imho but if they can meet the requirements why not let them?

Although it will be a while I guess as, it I recall correctly, you have to have several years of front line experience first?
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Haven't done Fan Dance (And may never now, thanks to a stupid sciatic nerve) but a few hard arse girlies were doing Paras 10 when I did them.

Though I have to confess, I went to check the times and only 9 / 40+ came in ahead of me, but three seniors did it in < 1:50.

10 and 15 milers, pah, women are already doing the hardest ultra-marathons.

In pictures: Sophie Raworth and the 150-mile desert ultra-marathon

Not bad for a news presenter. Inspiring read but I think I'll stick to the 5k and 10k distances.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                X