• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The SAS are a bunch of big girl's blouses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SAS are a bunch of big girl's blouses

Women allowed to join SAS for first time - BBC News

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

I've no problems letting them apply. I don't see why they shouldn't. That's not the stumbling block. It's the fitness and strength criteria they've got to deal with. It's going to be incredibly difficult for a woman to pass the most grueling tests in the army but if they can they will just as good at all the tactical stuff so why not have them in. We want the best of the best whatever.

One thing that isn't acceptable IMO is to have a different set of standards to pass.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The SAS don’t want the fittest or strongest people, they can make people into the super soldiers needed in those aspects. They want the people who will keep going and not give up
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        The SAS don’t want the fittest or strongest people, they can make people into the super soldiers needed in those aspects. They want the people who will keep going and not give up
        Ah. A very good point. But they still have to be physically able as well as mentally. But yes good point.

Once the physical test can be passed all the others should be able to be done by any gender.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They are well ahead of you

Access Denied

The army’s physical training is “optimised for male physiology” and tests are based on “old and incomplete science”, according to a Ministry of Defence document seen by The Sunday Times. The MoD says it is attempting to identify the “most effective” training methods for female infantry troops.
          As demonstrated by the yanks when a woman is kidnapped they will fly in with everything, when half a dozen blokes get kidnapped they will just leave them and negotiate.

Sorry I am not sure its a good idea putting them in harms way.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            They are well ahead of you

Access Denied

As demonstrated by the yanks .
            The SAS aren't american

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I have experience of this in the Brexit sub forum.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                The SAS aren't american

No but the American's have had frontline females for a while, it all started with they are equal and turned into 'its a prospective american mum being raped by towelheads' so they sent in more forces to rescue her.

The SAS get captured and the top brass say "leave it a couple of weeks and they will be back having wiped out the enemy with a toothpick." they normally are. Not going to happen (the public will demand action) if there is a mum of two along with them.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Women are already allowed to work for SAS for many years

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Women are already allowed to work for SAS for many years

and that's the closest your lot'll ever get to SAS

Comment

Working...
                    X